paddles

sheerider11

I line em up. But forgot to line a paddle with valve stem this last time I mounted them... So they are off. No difference in the sand. Hard surface a little annoying, but it reminds me to go slow.

You can just move the hub a spline

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An another you say I had did it wrong but then say your don't have to ? Witch is it ?

You ARE doing it wrong. But far be it from me to be able to change peoples minds....so do what you want. That's what "You don't have to means". It means continue to run your life the way you want and ignore those of us who are getting a chuckle at your expense.

Sheerider11 asked and it was answered. Now he can line them up, or not. His call.

More little things others don't bother to do. -

Gap plugs

inflate tires to the same O.D. instead of just the tire pressure

install master links facing the correct direction

torque fasteners

Check compression on a motor build

Check squish on a motor build

Take advise from anyone doing something your not doing. ;)

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

You ARE doing it wrong. But far be it from me to be able to change peoples minds....so do what you want. That's what "You don't have to means". It means continue to run your life the way you want and ignore those of us who are getting a chuckle at your expense.

Sheerider11 asked and it was answered. Now he can line them up, or not. His call.

More little things others don't bother to do. -

Gap plugs

inflate tires to the same O.D. instead of just the tire pressure

install master links facing the correct direction

torque fasteners

Check compression on a motor build

Check squish on a motor build

Take advise from anyone doing something your not doing. ;)

And you should always mount your atv from the right side to prevent the possibility of hitting it into gear .. That's your opinion to run Your paddle the line up the question was it there a right or wrong and so far you have no proff that you have to line them up that's your opinion you can't tell any one there wrong for not doing

It is wrong not to gap a plug

And not tourqe stuff and there is a direction on your master link

Or not to check compression or squish

Ok....what would be proof?

Basics -

The stagger makes the bike not only bounce up and down, but side to side. This creates vibration. (How much and if it matters is debatable)

That side to side can put extra side load on everything. (you might not care)

Your getting grip on one side then on the other. (This force is more like the bike slithering or walking rather than moving straight forward. (You might not feel it scrubbing energy, but it is)

On harder surfaces or slower speeds the misaligned paddles will put a vertical clockwise/counterclockwise twist force on the swing arm instead of just an up and down action. (That can't be better)

Putting all the force of the motor into just one paddle at a time will cause the paddle blade to bend and distort more than if it was sharing the force with another paddle at the same time. (This would mean even though your using the same # of paddles, you would get less overall traction from misaligned tires.)

How well do you think a wheelchair will work if you push on each wheel seperately? :confused:

OK...your turn.

Why is it better to NOT take 5 minutes to align your paddles and instead debate it to the death with those who feel you should?

What mechanical advantages can you provide that will shed some light on your perspective?

I point one tire forward and one backward. Ultimate traction tip. Dont go telling everyone the secrets...

:jesterlaugh: One of the guys we ride with put one rear paddle on facing in when he swapped the dirt tires for the sand tires, so the paddles were facing backwards on one side. We let him ride it like that for about 10 minutes before we started busting his balls. :lol:

But I guess I can't "prove that it was wrong" because it still worked.....kinda. :rolleyes: I guess since the tires don't come with an installation manual...we'll never know how to mount them. B)

Ok....what would be proof?

Basics -

The stagger makes the bike not only bounce up and down, but side to side. This creates vibration. (How much and if it matters is debatable)

That side to side can put extra side load on everything. (you might not care)

Your getting grip on one side then on the other. (This force is more like the bike slithering or walking rather than moving straight forward. (You might not feel it scrubbing energy, but it is)

On harder surfaces or slower speeds the misaligned paddles will put a vertical clockwise/counterclockwise twist force on the swing arm instead of just an up and down action. (That can't be better)

Putting all the force of the motor into just one paddle at a time will cause the paddle blade to bend and distort more than if it was sharing the force with another paddle at the same time. (This would mean even though your using the same # of paddles, you would get less overall traction from misaligned tires.)

How well do you think a wheelchair will work if you push on each wheel seperately? :confused:

OK...your turn.

Why is it better to NOT take 5 minutes to align your paddles and instead debate it to the death with those who feel you should?

What mechanical advantages can you provide that will shed some light on your perspective?

pretty convincing shit right here. I'm gonna look at pics and see if I can notice anything.

There is no where in my post at all did I say it was better or worst sheeridder11 asked if any one did and i told him i have ran it both ways and for shits my paddles do line up my point is your telling me I'm doing somthing wrong but have nothing more that a theory of how the small amount of side thrust is bad for a bike .. Maybe if i ran my paddle a cross asphalt I could see it doing damage that I would notice .. These tires are not balanced either and the weight difference there cause one side to be heavier or pull harder sand is uneven or even dirt your going to have one tire always getting better traction that the other Or have ya ever rode with one set of tires on the road and other on the shoulder ?

What happens when you turn ...one tire slips more than that other cause a uneven pressure as well ? So should we not turn any more either ?

I'm sure now you'll tell me how a row boat is slower if you paddle one at a time vs both paddles at the same or how birds flap there wing at the same time and get way off the topic again about how I'm wrong to say I've never notice a difference so have at it .. If got about five sets of paddles and if I switch to a set that don't line up perfect I'm not going to worry about it eating up my carrier bearing that bad for a weekend

:rolleyes: Wonderful reply. <_<

So your pissing into the wind and I'm telling you it's wrong. Then your saying you do it all the time and even though everyone keep pointing out that you have piss all over your legs, you have never noticed.

You don't think I should call it wrong because your just trying to piss, and the piss is coming out, so you must be doing something right.

Listen.....plenty of people stick spark plugs in without gapping them and the bike runs. (They are too dumb to know they are doing it wrong..but since it's worked for years.....WTF is the big deal right?)

I'm not going to get them to see the light any more than you will about this issue. -_-

You don't line up your paddles. Fine. :yank: Keep it up. Whatever.

I gave you a list of possible reasons to make the effort to line them up.

There is usually a best way to do something. Your obviously too lazy to take a second to bring your game to the next level. Fine. Feel free to argue till your hearts content. You get the concept, but taking the couple of seconds it would take to make a small adjustment is just too taxing on your sensibilities. I can't help you......your listening, but your just not hearing me. :shrugani:

Ignorance is bliss..........Enjoy.

If you find the need to comment further....please start with a list of reasons why someone SHOULDN'T follow my suggestion.

TOP 10 REASONS TO 1/2 ASS YOUR EFFORTS IN BUILDING AND TUNING YOUR BANSHEE AND INSTEAD BASK IN THE EASE OF MEDIOCRITY

#1 - Arguing a loosing point with someone of superior intellect and experience until they just give up because your "To dim to get it" will leave you feeling like a winner for once.

#2 - Think of all the attention you'll get. (Positive or negative at least someone's looking)

#3 - The world would be a better place if there was no "Right and Wrong"

#4 - Mom always told you not to let everyone bring you down with all the laughing. Of course your not wrong....."God made you perfect"

#5 - Acting dumb and trolling will prove entertaining

I was going to give you 10 reasons...but I gave you 5 reasons why you should change your actions and line your paddles up, but you didn't listen to that info.

So I don't think I need to give you more than 5 reasons to keep doing what your doing.

Remember you said I could "Have at it" :clap: .......Have a nice day. ;)

So your pissing into the wind and I'm telling you it's wrong. Then your saying you do it all the time and even though everyone keep pointing out that you have piss all over your legs, you have never noticed. You don't think I should call it wrong because your just trying to piss, and the piss is coming out, so you must be doing something right.

So lets talk about greatest analogy I have ever heard. You have me sold, you have been throwing around very good reasons. I'm lining up my paddles.

So what's the optimum spark plug gap, what clymers says, or is there a whole reason of what gap with what mods,gas, and all that stuff.

So your pissing into the wind and I'm telling you it's wrong. Then your saying you do it all the time and even though everyone keep pointing out that you have piss all over your legs, you have never noticed. You don't think I should call it wrong because your just trying to piss, and the piss is coming out, so you must be doing something right.

So lets talk about greatest analogy I have ever heard. You have me sold, you have been throwing around very good reasons. I'm lining up my paddles.

So what's the optimum spark plug gap, what clymers says, or is there a whole reason of what gap with what mods,gas, and all that stuff.

Well the important part is the original poster got his answer and is on board. :cheers:

Plug gap can very depending on the build, fuel and the ignition system. That is a second topic and will require a new post to get lots of good opinions. ;)

For the noobs...before you go busting beads off your rims to line your paddles up......just pull one hub and install it back on with the tires in sync. Then your set till you get the next set of tires.

• 3 weeks later...