34mm carbs

NA5TY

I just put 34mm carbs on my banshee, I havnt checked the jet size or anything yet but.. when I open it up it does great threw the first 3 gears but 4th 5th and 6th when the powerband should kick in it kinda bogs and wont open all the way up any idea while or suggestions?

kk thanks for so many response's yea i should have checked b4 puttin on but I got in a hurry like something dumb..

Im located in West Virginia unsure what elevation that would be..

im running

T5 Exhaust

V force 3 reeds

Cool Head with 20cc domes

34mm carbs

pretty simple set up

will check jet size and needle valve position tomorrow after work..

Needle is easy. Pull the cap. Finger fuck the spring out of the slide and compress it against the cap. Push the cable down and out. Use a phillips driver or nut driver to push down and turn the spring loaded lock 90*. The needle is now free

As for jetting, never put any carbs on your bike with out researching and knowing what is inside them jet wise. You could of blown that thing up and made an Uh Oh I think it's toast thread.

Those pj carbs are pretty easy. Mark the choke knobs so you can turn them out in sync to set the idle. Should be out about 7-7 1/2 turns. As for jets a 55 pilot, needle in the middle, and a 155 main should be enough to get you started on your mods. You will probably lean it up a touch past that. I think in the end you might be about 48, second clip from top, and a 150/152.

Give that a try and report back with results

• 2 weeks later...

Needle is easy. Pull the cap. Finger fuck the spring out of the slide and compress it against the cap. Push the cable down and out. Use a phillips driver or nut driver to push down and turn the spring loaded lock 90*. The needle is now free

As for jetting, never put any carbs on your bike with out researching and knowing what is inside them jet wise. You could of blown that thing up and made an Uh Oh I think it's toast thread.

Those pj carbs are pretty easy. Mark the choke knobs so you can turn them out in sync to set the idle. Should be out about 7-7 1/2 turns. As for jets a 55 pilot, needle in the middle, and a 155 main should be enough to get you started on your mods. You will probably lean it up a touch past that. I think in the end you might be about 48, second clip from top, and a 150/152.

Give that a try and report back with results

ok went with ur advice on the jets , it is now opening up pretty smooth an is almost in sync but i think my left side is off still just a nudge what would make it sound like a pop can ting around the header pipe on the left side ??