Straight cut gears?

Hey guys,

I recently ordered an oem clutch basket from chaparral. When it got here the basket was broken, guess someone dropped it along the way. It's got me thinking now though of maybe going with a billet basket for my serval. The only thing is I would either have to wait on the oem basket to be replaced so I can rob the gear off of it or buy the straight cuts. What do y'all think is the best way to go here? How loud are the straight cuts? I have been waiting 3 weeks for ups to to get back with me on the broken part. Sick of waiting.

UPS will deny the claim based on "insufficient packaging". That's what they do. They will send the part back to the shipper and then you have to deal with them. I've been through this. I have even heard of one where there was a fork lift tire track across the box and they still claimed "insufficient packaging". Here's some interesting reading material on the subject.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&complete=0&biw=1409&bih=1007&site=webhp&q=ups+%22%22insufficient+packaging%22%22&oq=ups+%22%22insufficient+packaging%22%22&gs_l=serp.3...53103.55748.0.56761.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0.D86cpA7Apak

Best to just get a gear from someone on here and buy a billet basket.

Yeah, honestly I don't think that UPS did it. I think it was dropped in chaparrals shop but oh well, gotta go through the motions. I think the gear is in ok shape though, its one of the teeth on the basket that got sheared off. I guess I could just take the gear off the broken basket and put it on a different basket. Specialblend, did your shee shift better/worse/same with the straight cuts?