Whats a good clutch for my setup?

After doin some WOT pulls on dry pavement I noticed my clutch is slipping...It's a 4 mil with trinity stage 6 head, hot rods crank, wiseco top end, fmf pipes/silencer, proflow filter and air box lid removed, stock sprockets, etc.....What is a good clutch for the power I'm making? Preferably a direct replacement, I dont need any fancy lock out or whatever, not even sure what all that entails but I don't drive it that much so dont want to put too much money into it, I just want something that wont slip.

Thanks

and yes the clutch is adjusted properly on the clutch lever and inside the case and also have a pancake bearing already. The clutch plates look good since I just had it apart for another issue guess I just need a better friction material and stiffer springs or something

Edited by My03banshee

sounds like you should buy another atv if you dont plan on spending money to set it up.

Ok let me rephrase it, I dont need the best parts out there like to handle a race shee, I just need something to handle what I need. I've already spent enough time and money into it, I have more important things I need to waste my money on.

^^^ x2.....I would also get the billet basket to go with it. I just bought the same set up and it grabs great. You might want to call Jeff and ask him which springs he recommends with your set up. He has 2 different spring tensions that can go with it. I would guess he is going to tell you the lighter ones as he did me. Good luck!!

http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=39

^^^ x2.....I would also get the billet basket to go with it. I just bought the same set up and it grabs great. You might want to call Jeff and ask him which springs he recommends with your set up. He has 2 different spring tensions that can go with it. I would guess he is going to tell you the lighter ones as he did me. Good luck!!

http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=39

The other reason I had the clutch out was to change the clutch basket since it was grooved....I used the exact one in the link from FAST....The clutch plates looked good so thats the only reason I didnt change it then....But I saw no marking on them so I didnt know if they were stock or what....

I was looking at clutch kits with the YZF 1000 clutch plates in it.....Is the FAST kit better than the other kits with these plates? Are those plates all hype or what? Just trying to learn

The other reason I had the clutch out was to change the clutch basket since it was grooved....I used the exact one in the link from FAST....The clutch plates looked good so thats the only reason I didnt change it then....But I saw no marking on them so I didnt know if they were stock or what....

I was looking at clutch kits with the YZF 1000 clutch plates in it.....Is the FAST kit better than the other kits with these plates? Are those plates all hype or what? Just trying to learn

When I pulled mine apart I could see my basket trouble. Looked like the steels and friction plates had been changed a few times with no basket replacement. I put in new steels and friction plates along with the springs and pancake bearing and thought I had a new quad. I have no regrets at all.

I do not know if the FAST kit is better or not but I figure that if Jeff could offer a better product for a cheaper price it would be to his benefit to do so. I like to deal with the sponsors and have not found that the little bit I can save elsewhere is worth the trouble that I see people run into with bad parts and return issues. Nine times out of ten you get what you pay for. I hope everything works out for you, much more fun to ride rather than sitting in front of this screen!!

if the clutch looks good i would just put 3 hd springs in.. thats pretty cheap!

^^^ x2

No reason to go out and spend 100 on a clutch setup. Drive line and Tusk kits both hold HP. I'd just throw some HD springs in if the plates look good. I like the Toomey springs.

^^^ x2

No reason to go out and spend 100 on a clutch setup. Drive line and Tusk kits both hold HP. I'd just throw some HD springs in if the plates look good. I like the Toomey springs.

^^^^

x 3 heavy springs ..that should work, if your clutch is infact good. post in wanted sect im sure somone has some hanging around .......goodluck

Edited by shakar

Sounds like ur just blowin the tires off on pavement. Makin u think its slipping cause it aint goin nowhere once they break loose.

Nah its deff slipping on pavement, when on dirt and I hit the powerband it literally just spins (brand new razr 2's too)....it throws a huge rooster behind me so I cant hit the powerband if any of my friends behind me unless they want to be attacked my dirt and rocks that hurt. On the pavement it slips when I keep the power going through the gears....If I shift slow and fall below the powerband and then get on it its ok but when Im doing a WOT pull I can feel and hear it slip, and if I ease off the gas for a second to give it time to match the engine/wheel speed together than back on the gas then it wont slip...so its not slipping too bad but its noticeable when theres max load like on the pavement. I was only going to get a new clutch cuz I figured these better clutch kits have better friction material than what I have in it now (hopefully) but I think I'm just going to try the stiffer springs (although I got to see what they look like, it might even have them on it already)...mine are a single coil spring. and what is everybodys opinion on the steel clutch plates with the dimples on it?