Hidden vin Numbers

long story but I had a banshee impounded july first of 2011 turned out it was hot and i never seen it again until about a week ago it was posted on craigslist for sale kinda in my area. My dad bought the quad back and got a title this time lol but the vin number is still ground off the frame. So my question is does anyone know if or were there are any hidden vin numbers?

long story but I had a banshee impounded july first of 2011 turned out it was hot and i never seen it again until about a week ago it was posted on craigslist for sale kinda in my area. My dad bought the quad back and got a title this time lol but the vin number is still ground off the frame. So my question is does anyone know if or were there are any hidden vin numbers?

no hidden vin #s!! ive been told by some people that there is away to see the #'s that were ground off.. not real sure but if i recall correctly it involves some sort of acid??this is just second hand info so dont hold me to my word!!

That won't stop the cops from selling your quad a pubic auction after they take it from you. They give you paper work proving you got it from them.......but I wouldn't put it past them to impound it again so they can re-sell it. ( Hooper over on PS had quite to go round over a situation like that.)

No......you'll just have to break out the pocket knife and remove that powder coat when the cops pin your ears back about it. What you did is not illegal. (No worse than it being covered in mud.)

But if the numbers are GONE on a permeant level.....so will your clean record. ;)

Ok well ill have to call the police station that impounded it and figured something out. the original owner had the title and got the quad back then resold it and i pretty much rebuilt the hole quad so i knew what was all done to it! I hope the original owner is trying to pull some fishy shit cuz ill get a lawyer and sue that bitch!

Ok well ill have to call the police station that impounded it and figured something out. the original owner had the title and got the quad back then resold it and i pretty much rebuilt the hole quad so i knew what was all done to it! I hope the original owner is trying to pull some fishy shit cuz ill get a lawyer and sue that bitch!

If they tell you to bring it down so they can look at it i wouldnt because they would take it if everything isnt worked out.

Let me see if I got this straight. You bought a stolen Shee from the thief with the vin ground off. You rebuilt it. You were doing whatever with it and the cops pulled you over and impounded it. Somehow they figured out who the legal owner is and let him recover the bike. Now you bought it from the legal owner with a title that supposedly matches the bike with the ground off vin?

1st mistake-- Buying a bike with a ground off vin and no title

2nd mistake-- Spending money on it without swapping everything over to a clean frame with a vin and a title

3rd mistake-- The situation you're in now.

Best thing you can do now-- Buy a clean frame with a vin and title, swap everything over and get rid of the frame with the ground off vin where nobody can ever trace it back to you.

This is why you always, always, always buy with a title.

Rule #1 - NEVER talk to the police.

Rule #2 - Never alert them to a situation where you could possibly be seen as a bad guy.

Rule #3 - Don't provide them with the ability to take anything from you.

A title without a VIN is worthless....a VIN without a title is worthless....a bill of sale is worthless. (Bill of sale doesn't prove OWNERSHIP, it only proves PAYMENT.) So a bill of sale is just perfect legal proof that you are guilty of buying stolen goods.