Fair Price?

Guys... I had a guy on planetsand want to buy my drag bike & asked me for a price. I have never totaled up or tried to figure a price for my drag bike, so figured I would ask for everyone's input here.

Its a 10mil cub drag ported by Tim @ Titan. Metal Tech +4 hybrid frame, spring-loaded hinson basket with straight-cut gears, hinson inner hub, hinson pressure plate, direct drive lockup & cover, 2-5 override, timing plate, cool head, custom cut domes, k&t mikuni pumper methanol carbs, chariot bowls, lew swan painted fiberglass, metal tech +14 swinger, mod quad drag axle, 13-paddle SLS haulers, LSR a-arms, works front shocks, marvin shaw rear, metal tech drag tank, k&t racers edge pipes, chariot outboard bearing support, ODI grips, ASV clutch lever, tons of chrome and billet parts... That's not everything, but the big stuff. What do you guys think is a fair price to toss to the guy? I am kinda partial to this bike, so I certainly dont want to give it away.

875f22b9.jpg

609d3d7f.jpg

Shoot, it's really hard to say these days. I see full blown drag bikes going for less than $8,000.

Yeah, that's why I was asking... I know it wouldn't sell if I listed it for a high price. I kinda like this thing, so I don't want to just give it away, but I know I can't get what its actually worth...

- Jared

Sadly...as a complete bike......you'll take a bath selling it whole. Bikes like that have fallen to $6,000 - $6,500

You have WAY more into it than that. You would be better to part it. Or maybe he wants it bad enough to pay you more considering what's done to it, but I've seen too many bikes with that level of performance and quality sit without offers on Ebay to think that you'll have much luck getting $8,000+ for it.

The typical "Cascade Bling Bike" that was in the $20,000 range to build and would sell for 13-15K has dropped to the $7,500 - $9,000 asking price levels and go without offers or sales because owners know what they have in them and would rather keep them than entertain lowballers.

You just got that bike together...you can't be tired of it already........... :shrugani:

I have a 421 Cub Cylinder 4 mill bike for sale.

-34 PWKs

- V-Force Reeds

-In Frame CPI (not pictured) w/ Cascade Silencers

-Straight Cut Gears

-Hot Rods Crank

-Lock Out Clutch w/ see through window

-Needle Bearings installed in tranny case.

-Works Shocks

- +8 Swing Arm

- +2 A-Arms

- Rear Axle +2

- Trail Tech Head Lights

- Custom Sub Frame

- Extended Polished Cascade thumb throttle

- Foot Pegs Moved Fwd

- Polished Motor Cases

- Polished water pump/ Brake resevior,

- Custom Seat cover.

- Powder Coated Frame

- Custome Painted Plastics

- Over Size Radiator.

- 22 10 paddles.

- I am sure there is stuff I am missing. Look at the pics its all there

The bike runs hard never had any issues with it. Starts everytime I take it out. Doesnt foul plugs ever.

I dont need to sell the bike but I just dont ride it. It has sat for a year and dont plan on ridding it this summer.

chadp@shipcds.com get in touch with me.

Like everyone else with a bike that looks like this. I can show you I have well over $10k invested. I have a clean title in hand. Get in touch with me and make me an offer.

coosbay52507062.jpg

img0741ub.jpg

Pulled Motor to put in the Cub.

toys003m.jpg

toys005.jpg

This is a complete bike. Chassis is part Tyson and part stellar. It has a +10 lone star billet swinger, jj&a hill shooter axle and bearing carrier, and billet front lone star hubs. The motor has only been touched by the guys at k&t. Billet clutch basket 2-5 override with billet 2nd gear. Comes with Bb shearer pipes. Its run like the wind. I've got kids and don't have time anymore. Looking for 6500. Located in sw Okla.. 60121c7d-73b8-9d3c.jpg

Can upload more pics if needed.. ask any questions.

Trey

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sadly...as a complete bike......you'll take a bath selling it whole. Bikes like that have fallen to $6,000 - $6,500

You have WAY more into it than that. You would be better to part it. Or maybe he wants it bad enough to pay you more considering what's done to it, but I've seen too many bikes with that level of performance and quality sit without offers on Ebay to think that you'll have much luck getting $8,000+ for it.

The typical "Cascade Bling Bike" that was in the $20,000 range to build and would sell for 13-15K has dropped to the $7,500 - $9,000 asking price levels and go without offers or sales because owners know what they have in them and would rather keep them than entertain lowballers.

You just got that bike together...you can't be tired of it already........... :shrugani:

Actually just the opposite, I really like this one. BUT at the same time I also really like big piles of cash. haha! I told the guy $7k so we will see what he says. I just wanted some input to see if what I was thinking was way off base.

Thanks

- Jared

I would think to anyone looking to build a bike like that , that 7k is a good price cause you would put way more than that into it..

Yeah. If you go through and add up what it would cost to buy all the stuff new it gets ridiculous. Between the pipes and ported/polished top end you're already into it over $1500. $1k in the clutch, etc etc, then all the little stuff that nickel and dimes you in the end. All the chrome bolts and washers and nuts. (everything on the bike is chrome, not stainless) billet covers, cables, grips, tires... Its ridiculous how much money we dump into these things knowing you will never get it back out of them.

- Jared

Yeah. If you go through and add up what it would cost to buy all the stuff new it gets ridiculous. Between the pipes and ported/polished top end you're already into it over $1500. $1k in the clutch, etc etc, then all the little stuff that nickel and dimes you in the end. All the chrome bolts and washers and nuts. (everything on the bike is chrome, not stainless) billet covers, cables, grips, tires... Its ridiculous how much money we dump into these things knowing you will never get it back out of them.

- Jared

ya the price of the parts is crazy high. not to mention the cost of having it built if a person doesnt have the tools or ability to do alot of the assembly themselves.

Guys... I had a guy on planetsand want to buy my drag bike & asked me for a price. I have never totaled up or tried to figure a price for my drag bike, so figured I would ask for everyone's input here.

Its a 10mil cub drag ported by Tim @ Titan. Metal Tech +4 hybrid frame, spring-loaded hinson basket with straight-cut gears, hinson inner hub, hinson pressure plate, direct drive lockup & cover, 2-5 override, timing plate, cool head, custom cut domes, k&t mikuni pumper methanol carbs, chariot bowls, lew swan painted fiberglass, metal tech +14 swinger, mod quad drag axle, 13-paddle SLS haulers, LSR a-arms, works front shocks, marvin shaw rear, metal tech drag tank, k&t racers edge pipes, chariot outboard bearing support, ODI grips, ASV clutch lever, tons of chrome and billet parts... That's not everything, but the big stuff. What do you guys think is a fair price to toss to the guy? I am kinda partial to this bike, so I certainly dont want to give it away.

875f22b9.jpg

609d3d7f.jpg

unless you need the money, i wouldnt sell. youll miss it when its gone