Modding My Banshee

Hey everyone so i got an 06 Banshee never re-built i take very good care of it and in the same time i ride it hard last time i asked to have it checked they said its pretty healthy i've ran a couple of different fuel mixing ratios but i currently run 38:1 and quite satisfied with it. I have toomey t5's v-force reeds, 270 mains dynojets with needle on either 3rd or 4th postion not sure to be honest. I also run a K&N (single) with airbox + lid no snorkel i also have the K&N powerlid i've tried it but it kinda takes away my top end slightly helps low end but not worth it cause you still get this bog sound from the filter (not nice). I have an adjustable timing plate on it thats currently on the stock positon however i am going to mod it +4 degrees or depending on my engine. I was thinking about getting rid of the airbox and installing those K&N pod filters (dual) with outerwears but i'm not sure about the jetting so far according to my feelings and plug color (brownish tan) the 270 is a suitable size with my set-up. The jet kit i got moose racing dynojets came with 270's 280's and 340's so would a 340 be good with the dual pod filters with outerwears? I was also thinking of getting a coolhead i like the pro designs but there kinda pricy i found those 2 from a trusted site i already ordered from.

http://www.motorcityatv.com/motor-parts/1987-2006-yamaha-banshee-billet-aluminum-cool-head-new/

http://www.motorcityatv.com/motor-parts/87-06-yamaha-banshee-chrome-plated-cool-head-new/

Do they add power or just help cooling? what about the dome size i think the stock is 22cc i run premium 95 octane fuel so if i change the size ill be okay will a 21cc wont i? I like modding but staying safe in the same time so if its going to harm my bike i don't want it. I run a 15/41 gearing didn't really notice much difference when it was stock 14/41 a friend of mine suggests 15/42. What else can i do Filters? Coolhead? umm what about getting pistons Weisco or something good and reliable that won't decrease engine life or bigger carbs. If pistons are a good idea what size and all i dont know much about them so please help, same goes with carbs. Thanks for all your help guys and i'm not interested in having my stock head milled they say it can cause damage neither porting or any of that crap.

According to my Vapor gauge i managed to clock 141.7 km/h (88 mp/h) i know thats fast but its never fast enough! i passed 2 700's with dual DMC power commander and pro-design k&n filter, the 2nd one same mods but different pipes (Big Gun duals) they both clock their bikes around 137 km/h (85 mp/h) and they dont run airbox lids. Didn't try racing other bikes yet. I was also thinking of have my front fenders shaved like the racing style i think it'd look better improve cooling, go faster, but only problem is riding behind other bikes which i do not do much.

post-40897-0-73790100-1337974724_thumb.jpg

First, don't order from there again. And nothing takes away reliability from your bike(I know some one is going to chime in and say boost bottle). Then it wouldn't be selling. Why wouldn't you want to port? You want a cool head but don't want to shave the stock one? Go with the pods, I'd really look into porting. You have no idea what kind of power you can get. Also look at mull. They work stock heads to be just as good, if not better then cool heads. Search around, you'll learn allot and most likely change your mind about a lot of things.

x2 on above. porting is the key to extracting the most h.p. out of your current set up. throw some pods on there. i would personally go 4 mil and port it. its a night and day difference. choose a site sponsor and tell them what you want your bike to do and send your cylinders to them. oh and dont worry you can thank us later for the great advice

Alright so what do you guys think about my jetting would a 340 be good with the pod filters? The only reason i don't want to port is that i dont have much money i can't really afford it maybe in the future i'm only 16 guys. Plus I live in Bahrain i don't really know a place that ports banshee engines. If i wanted the 4mm strocker i need to get pistons and a crank right? Please excuse me guys im not that good in these areas its kinda advanced for me. So coolhead with 21cc dome or just mill the stock head and how much should i mill it to gain power and stay safe would a coolhead be better.

About motorcityatv hahaha :rotflmao: whats the big deal with them why shouldn't i order from them.

:cheers:

post-40897-0-50614200-1338018679_thumb.jpg

Perosnally I would get uni pod filters over k and n but that's up to u. If u ride in any wet muddy conditions u may wanna keep your airbox. As far as jetting I think 340 will be rich if your running 270s now so u may wanna go ahead and round up some sizes in between. Having mull do a stock head will be just as good as a cool head. Only difference is u won't be able to swap out domes in future if u go a different route. The reason no one likes motor city is he has ripped off a ton of people (many members on here) over the years. He use to be a site sponsor but got booted cuz he sucks

Okay so i'm going for Coolheads 21cc domes when i have enough cash for it but for now im going for the uni pod filters as for the jetting i'll have to make sure with my local banshee mechanic. It may be hard to find the uni filters here if i can't i dont think its worth ordering cause shipping would cost more than just getting a K&N pods from here for 93 US Dollars. How much faster would my bike be from 141 km/h how much more should i expect after rejetting and installing the pods and modding the timing plate. And then with the coolhead and 21cc domes. Thanks guys I know I ask a lot.

post-40897-0-67107900-1338043964_thumb.jpg

Sent you a pm. I'm in Bahrain and can help with shipping if needed. I will be looking for places to ride soon and would like to find a nice sandy spot!

If you order a cool head I would suggest Chariot or NOSS. You won't have to change your head studs.

Adam