Spark is holding my build?

Got the motor and everything back in, wire harness and everything bolted up and connected.

NO SPARK!

The tors have been removed before I started the build and it ran fine. So the 2 grey plugs that arnt plugged in should be fine, There is one black plug up there by the coil (black solid wire and black with yellow stripe wire) not sure about that one.

I tested the 2 stators I have and the ohms are at .019 for both. I read online its supposed to be between .013 and .050. Someone chime in an tell me if whomever was correct.

Any leads after this would be great.

Thanks guys!

Got the motor and everything back in, wire harness and everything bolted up and connected.

NO SPARK!

The tors have been removed before I started the build and it ran fine. So the 2 grey plugs that arnt plugged in should be fine, There is one black plug up there by the coil (black solid wire and black with yellow stripe wire) not sure about that one.

I tested the 2 stators I have and the ohms are at .019 for both. I read online its supposed to be between .013 and .050. Someone chime in an tell me if whomever was correct.

Any leads after this would be great.

Thanks guys!

Did you change the flywheel during the build?

4bae666d-7acc-b8c8.jpg

Make sure everything is hooked up correctly, this is the stock wiring schematic. Follow each wire to its proper place, and make sure you have good grounds... If you just powdercoated the frame... I know it sucks, but you may need to take a dremel and grind down to bare metal to make sure you have a solid ground.

Sent using Tapatalk!

Edited by yzrmbsg

Here is what is unplugged. Thanks for the schematic :cheers: .. The throttle switch is unplugged, also the plug coming of the front brake master cylinder, the 2 tors plugs, ground for tail light (even tried it grounded) and blue wire for the brake pedal.

Im pulling my hair on this thing right now. Ran perfect before the build. I have had the flywheel off and the stator but I tested the stator and seemed ok, my tester was on 2k ohm and it read .018.

banghead banghead banghead banghead

edit: also stupid question, does motor mount have to be metal to metal (grounded). Flywheel gap is good and spark plug gap is good.

Edited by 2strokeshees

I have an 04 that I think im going to switch the wire harness onto the 96 so it is the same when its all said and done. The only thing I havnt checked is the CDI box. It was working before the build but now nothing. Im confused at how it could go bad but who knows. Does anyone see an objection to switching to the newer wire harness. No dmfisher, those 3 do not have to be plugged in I believe.

You may have the check the harness for a pitched wire.

I would also get a spark plug tester light and a buddy(powered by beer) to kick it over and over while you do the harness wiggle test. Then you may find the issue.

If that fails I would strip the harness down remove the extra wires and look for melted spots.

I swtiched everything over off of my 04. I wanted them to have the same plugs as eachother so in need of any electrical parts I could just swap real quick. She has spark now, Im not sure what the problem was with the other harness but this harness works. The coil I was using had a loose end and wasnt getting a good ground, so I threw the older one on real quick and she runs like a champ. Other then the gas overflowing in the carb and some other minor little tweaks this baby is ready to rip. Thanks all for the information you guys helped out alot!!

:cheers::headbang: