What CC domes for 100LL? and domes for straight 112?

Looking to add more power this summer. Currently have 22CC domes on my 421 68mm bore. Timing is at +5. I think i could run 20CC domes and be fine still with 100LL? ALso i might look into domes to run straight 112 octane as well. Would 17 or 18CC domes be perfect? I am at sea level. The port's are drag style.

Looking to add more power this summer. Currently have 22CC domes on my 421 68mm bore. Timing is at +5. I think i could run 20CC domes and be fine still with 100LL? ALso i might look into domes to run straight 112 octane as well. Would 17 or 18CC domes be perfect? I am at sea level. The port's are drag style.

Good question...as I have been looking the longest & hardest for the answer to this question. Somebody help us out here.

IMHO,

22cc is borderline for a cub and 100 octane.

I wouldn't go smaller than 20cc for 112.

I run 19cc domes w/methanol.

wow i got 19s in mine and i run 110.... i think it more depends on how much compression it gives you. there are alot of guys that run 17 and 18 cc domes on meth.

I was hoping i could get away with 20CC Domes on 100LL and go to a 18 cc Dome for 112. I think their is a guy on this site that runs the same motor as me witht he same pipes and has 22CC domes and gets away with pump fuel.

The amount i drive my banshee anymore ( 5 hours a year) ?? I think im gunna go balls deep and get 18 or 19cc domes and run straight 112 and order a set of SHEARER pipes for the thing. That will wake it up huuge.

All I'm saying is, be careful!

There is more to making power in 2 strokes than just more compression.

Ya i think im going to go with 19cc domes on 112 octane. I know their is other ways to make power. But this is the easiest and cheapest. I dont ride enough to want to send away of juggs and have them re ported and all that sort of stuff. Compression makes torque! which is what i want.

Ya i think im going to go with 19cc domes on 112 octane. I know their is other ways to make power. But this is the easiest and cheapest. I dont ride enough to want to send away of juggs and have them re ported and all that sort of stuff. Compression makes torque! which is what i want.

I am eventually going to run 110 race gas & bump the compression & timing up just a little for more power. I want to find a thread on how much timing & compression 100LL can hold safely before detonating.