fmf pipe question

brent07

ok i did some trading a few months back and ended up with a 2000 banshee that was not running but thanks to some reading on this site and a few questions it runs pretty good now. Today i removed the pipes to try to clean them up a little i noticed that left side had a fmf fatty and right side has the gold series will this hurt anything? Jetting seems to be close to the same am i losing anything by running it like this?

thanks

:confused: where ???

I think he forgot to click the attachment button.

Brent, I am running FMF Gold Series and for the most part I am stock and my bike runs strong. From what I have heard the Gold Series are a good mid to top end set of pipes and so far I like them. My bike is rather snappy on the throttle.

Also one guy said they run well on 34's

his issue is he has 2 different pipes. a fatty on one side, and an old gold series on the other.

I can't bring myself to call you Dumbshit, so if you don't mind can I call you Slow #2? :jesterlaugh: Anyway, I have FMF fatties as well, I took them off a couple days ago and really is not sure if they are nice and snug. What are some checks I can do to ensure there are proper seals from the motor and along the sides where they couple to the silencers?

I personally would find another pipe, of either the fatty or gold series, so that way you have a matching set of pipes......either both gold series or both fattys. If the pipes have different dimensions, which I'm sure they do, you won't have both pipes having the same rpm band and one cylinder would be slightly fighting the other.