banshee wont start?/

hey guys i got to putting my banshee back together yesterday had another thread on here when i got it had tranny problems so i did full rebuild new trans had jugs machined new vitos pistons v force 3 reeds plus 4 timing key, anyway got it back in frame and tried to fire it up and it wont start??? I checked the compression and its around 110 on both cyl. checked spark and i got nothing, can anybody lead me in the right direction here please, where do i start to look? while im at ill post a link to photbucket with the pics as it sits now. Thanks guys

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/bigdawg822/06%20banshee/

ok maybe im wrong here but there isnt a way to adjust timing unless i change to the adjustable plate right? i just put the plus 4 key in it not the plate?

Im pretty sure you can use the key however the plate is better. Pull out that key put in stock set gap and see what it does.

You are getting no spark at all?

Starting at the stator, is the pick-up .020 away from the magnet on the outside of the flywheel? Are the connections for the stator plugged in the harness, is the key on, switch on, coil plugged in, caps on the plug wires tight, plugs new? Is the any left over crap from the TORS hooked up? Is they key switch plugged in, or do you have a jumper for no key switch?

I would start there.

Adam

no spark to the plug i did kick it over and the headlight are lighting up some what anyway so stator is working? they are brand new plugs all connections are good both wires are just laying just like they were for the tors shit not hooked up. havent taken cover and all back off to check in there yet for anything everything is hooked up plugged in on it

You are getting no spark at all?

Starting at the stator, is the pick-up .020 away from the magnet on the outside of the flywheel? Are the connections for the stator plugged in the harness, is the key on, switch on, coil plugged in, caps on the plug wires tight, plugs new? Is the any left over crap from the TORS hooked up? Is they key switch plugged in, or do you have a jumper for no key switch?

I would start there.

Adam

no spark to the plug i did kick it over and the headlight are lighting up some what anyway so stator is working? they are brand new plugs all connections are good both wires are just laying just like they were for the tors shit not hooked up. havent taken cover and all back off to check in there yet for anything everything is hooked up plugged in on it

The headlight circuit is totally seperate from the ignition circuit in the stator. What I am saying is the headlights can light and the ignition side of the stator can be bad. I don't know if that is your problem, but don't overlook the stator because the lights work. Since everybody has said it and you have not acknowledged it-set your pickup coil gap to .020. Also make sure your ground connections and coil mounting have CLEAN BARE METAL.

I did acknowledge it as a matter of fact in post you quoted me saying i havent taken cover back off to check in there yet to see whats going on, i had no idea anything could be changed in there beacause its keyed, i am going to pull it when i get off work and see.

The headlight circuit is totally seperate from the ignition circuit in the stator. What I am saying is the headlights can light and the ignition side of the stator can be bad. I don't know if that is your problem, but don't overlook the stator because the lights work. Since everybody has said it and you have not acknowledged it-set your pickup coil gap to .020. Also make sure your ground connections and coil mounting have CLEAN BARE METAL.

i had my stator shit out once creating a ground loop. when i took the ground off the frame by the cdi it sparked, but not when it was attached. strange but true. make sure the stator isnt fried. check it using an ohm meter, ground the black lead to the engine and check continuity on the leads. if you get continuity from ground to the leads its shorted to ground thus no spark.

also check continuity across the 2 leads from the pickup coil.