Compression test/Best piston kit

wreck

So....I did a compression test this weekend after our season is over. I decided to do this because it just didnt seem like it was pulling the hills that good. What I found was the that the passenger side of piston was at 75psi and the driver side as at 50psi. I know I definately need to freshen up the top end. MY next question is, has anyone used the namura piston kit off ebay. I used the piston kit for my sons Blaster and Im happy with it. Just checking if anyone has done one on a Banshee.....any input would be great....Thanks.

So....I did a compression test this weekend after our season is over. I decided to do this because it just didnt seem like it was pulling the hills that good. What I found was the that the passenger side of piston was at 75psi and the driver side as at 50psi. I know I definately need to freshen up the top end. MY next question is, has anyone used the namura piston kit off ebay. I used the piston kit for my sons Blaster and Im happy with it. Just checking if anyone has done one on a Banshee.....any input would be great....Thanks.

Not surprised that is was not pulling good. At 50 psi I am surprised it even fired. You might want to check that your compression gauge is giving you a good reading. I suppose if you are happy with the namura pistons you got for the blaster, you can go with them for your shee, but as for me, I would only use a wiseco product. For the little extra money and the quality you get for it, it just makes sense to me to use top of the line. Check out some pics of the destruction a bad piston can do to your cylinders/heads/cases in this forum. Call Brandon at Wildcard Racing or Jeff at FAST. Both are sponsors for BHQ and both will give you a good deal. Good luck

Not surprised that is was not pulling good. At 50 psi I am surprised it even fired. You might want to check that your compression gauge is giving you a good reading. I suppose if you are happy with the namura pistons you got for the blaster, you can go with them for your shee, but as for me, I would only use a wiseco product. For the little extra money and the quality you get for it, it just makes sense to me to use top of the line. Check out some pics of the destruction a bad piston can do to your cylinders/heads/cases in this forum. Call Brandon at Wildcard Racing or Jeff at FAST. Both are sponsors for BHQ and both will give you a good deal. Good luck

i agree that it probably wouldnt kick over with 50psi . what name brand compression gauge are you using? ive always went with wiseco pistons.

you sure you were holding the bike at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE while you were doing that test? at 50 and 75 psi there is no way you were kick starting that thing. hell.....theres probably no conceivable way you could PULL start that thing without doing less than mach 1 hahaha.

Either you forgot to hold the throttle open or your motor is screwed.

i did the same thing the other day. tested mine and it came out to 60psi. Tried another gauge and it some how found another 65 psi. Get a diff gauge and retest. it might still be tired but il bet your gauge is faulty.

Im sure that I did it correctly....the compression test kit is from harbor freight...I know...its brand new....took both spark plugs out screwed in the portion of the gauge to spark plug hole...wide open throttle and kicked it over about 5 times or more. The bike definately still runs....or should it not run with that low of compression. And I will for sure buy the Wiseco since they really arent too much more than the Namura ones. I will also try another gauge to just double check my results. Thanks for the replies.

Don't wast the money on Namura pistons. Buy ProX if looking for something cheaper, but wiescos are the best. If you are not ported you can go with Vito's Superstock. They are made for Vito's by Wiseco. They do add more power.

Adam

X2 :headbang: same low price as the other pistons being mentioned...but with the added plus of more power! :clap: Vito's FTW. (Unless your going to do some porting while your freshening the top end.)

i used namura pistons in my old bike for a year or so then the rod let go and destroyed my motor, dont think i can blame the piston, or can i?

I would say it is not the piston that caused your rod problem.

Personally its all about change. Most people do not like to deviate from what they know performs. Wiseco's hold up better than most any other piston. Depending on riding style, other mods almost any piston will give you the performance. If you ride like I do, you are hard on your motor, you mix your oil lean, and you expect your engine to perform for a long period of time, they cheap0 pistons will not support you.

Adam

I think that Im going to go vitos kit...seems like it is close in price to the Wiseco's. Before I go and buy anything I am definately going to do another test just to make sure with a different gauge. Its pretty much a stock bike other than FMF Fattys and K & N filter...do you guys think that the Vito kit will be the best.....I'm sure rejetting also with that kit is standard?

Thanks for the response. I just want to get the most out of the bike I can, power wise without putting a lot of money into it. I am hopefully going to start tearing it down soon once I check again. I would like to get it done soon so I can hit the dunes this summer for some full moon night runs.....we are spoiled for sure living only 2 hours away from Gordons and Glamis.