New to Banshees And Site. Need some help please

My Grandpa gave me 2 Banshee's a couple of years ago. Havent been out on them too much exept for last summer. I have a 00 that is stock and a 99 that has a milled head / toomey T-5's / and some carb work I'm told. Not entirely sure because he paid for the work and wasent entirely sure what they did (long story). Anyhow, he bought and rode them in Utah and I now have them in Southern California. One of the questions I have is 1) should I be worried about the a/f mix with the change in elevation between places? My 99 runs like a bat outta hell anywhere I take it but I dont want it running too lean. The main prob Im having is that my stock 00 has always bogged just off idle and stalled out alot(pilot jet). Also one of the carbs seemed to have a stuck open float. When I would run it with the choke on it would run better so I figured it was too lean. Pulled carbs off and cleaned em but the one float never seemed to seat good enough ( I tried adjusting float tab several times). Anyhow I changed the mains from the stock 200 (utah) to 240's then it wouldnt idle at all... throttle closed= die instantly. Today put 30 pilots in and re-cleaned carbs (recommended by guy at Chapparal) and now my shee wont start at all. I also replaced the needle and seat on the carb with the float problem and the damn thing is still pissing fuel! I'm getting so irritated with this problem and Im hoping some of you can help me out. I'm new to banshee's but not tinkering with carbs or 2 strokes but not the most experienced either. Ive poked around on these forums a bit but couldnt find an exact answer specific to my prob so made an account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to BansheeHQ :cheers:

Plenty of help here for you. Can you tell us a little more about the bike.

* Pipes

* stock box or pods

* tors?

Just some general questions so we can help.

Troy

Thanks.All stock. Still has TORS. I believe the snorkel has been removed (never saw it) but the lid is still on the airbox.

Edited by gmjunkie13

Pilots are way too big. You should have 25's on both bikes. I would set the carbs for sea level - 1000ft

25 pilots, 280 mains, 1.5 +\- air screw. Make sure the carbs are sync'd.

I would do some wot plug checks and adjust do a plug chop when you think it's good and then your golden.

Adam

Pilots are way too big. You should have 25's on both bikes. I would set the carbs for sea level - 1000ft

25 pilots, 280 mains, 1.5 +\- air screw. Make sure the carbs are sync'd.

I would do some wot plug checks and adjust do a plug chop when you think it's good and then your golden.

Adam

Arent 25s the factory pilots? I just switched up to 240 mains from 200. What is best method for syncing carbs? I suppose I could do a search. I'm sure thats a redundant question. (im not new to forums lol) And what is factory setting on the TORS knobs from bottomed out BTW ?

Edited by gmjunkie13

Yes stock pilots. It is very rare that a stock carb bike will need more than 27.5. Just turn your air screw in a little more. Between .5 and 1.5. You might need 27.5. Just give it less air and it will be fine.

There is a sticky in the jetting section. Just look for a setup like yours. Check the manual for the TORS setting. You can dl below.

Adam

Yes stock pilots. It is very rare that a stock carb bike will need more than 27.5. Just turn your air screw in a little more. Between .5 and 1.5. You might need 27.5. Just give it less air and it will be fine.

There is a sticky in the jetting section. Just look for a setup like yours. Check the manual for the TORS setting. You can dl below.

Adam

Thanks. I'll swap to 27.5's tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

Looks like some of the guys chimed in to help. :headbang:

Keep us posted on your progress.

Yea and quick responses too. Greatly appreciated. So I just pulled the carbs off and was switching jets again and realized they are different in size... Is this normal?jets.jpg The one on the left is the 30 and the 2 on the right are the factory ones. My 27.5's are the same length as the 30's too... ??? Seems I have the wrong ones.

So I put the factory pilots back in and its running now but wont idle at all. I'm thinking putting back in the 200 mains as well. I have 240's in now but thats what caused my no idle in the 1st place... So if I revert back to all stock jetting I'll be at square 1 again but at least it idled... Im at a loss of what to do.

So I put the factory pilots back in and its running now but wont idle at all. I'm thinking putting back in the 200 mains as well. I have 240's in now but thats what caused my no idle in the 1st place... So if I revert back to all stock jetting I'll be at square 1 again but at least it idled... Im at a loss of what to do.

Check the domes on the slides, they should be facing the rear of the bike :cheers:

Check the domes on the slides, they should be facing the rear of the bike :cheers:

Slides were always good, but thanks. Put all factory jetting back in and fiddled with airscrews and TORS idle adjust screws a bit. Got it idling good now but still has that fing bog just off idle where you have to feather the throttle a bit when letting out clutch as not to stall. It really only does it from a stop. Drives me nuts though cause it didnt use to. It was always way worse when it was cold so we'll see what it does tomorrow or later tonight. Anyone else have any suggestions?