Aftermarket head

noss head would be my choice. haha i got a noss head with 21cc domes to run on 93 pump gas. i love it. you should really consider porting the cylinders and i would go with kev at hjr or jeff at fast. prob the best bang for your buck performace wise when getting the cylinders ported. sheerider11.... i would really consider going 4 mil with a port job. its a huge difference.... like a feel of the seat difference! you will be very happy with the set up. i rode my neighbors shee today after i helped him tune his bike. it was basically my old set up before i went 4 mil and dune port. his bike rips dont get me wrong but mine hits and pulls so much harder! 4 mil ftw! :headbang:

Edited by bluebanshee98

Going to a 21cc dome and an aftermarket along with porting how unstable does the crank become?Ive heard mixed feelings on the stock cranks durablility.

Im not welded or anything like that i basically went through the engine/trans and fixed or replaced what it needed and then did a stock bore topend with wiseco pro lites and bolt ons.

I care more about reliability than high hp.Dont get me wrong i dont want it to be no slouch but wheres the line drawn on the stock crank psi wise and mods wise.

Going to a 21cc dome and an aftermarket along with porting how unstable does the crank become?Ive heard mixed feelings on the stock cranks durablility.

Im not welded or anything like that i basically went through the engine/trans and fixed or replaced what it needed and then did a stock bore topend with wiseco pro lites and bolt ons.

I care more about reliability than high hp.Dont get me wrong i dont want it to be no slouch but wheres the line drawn on the stock crank psi wise and mods wise.

You can most likely get away without welding. If your going to get ported just throw the crank in the box to get welded a low 65$ can save you 400$ down the road.

At what levels of performance and mods are you guys having crank failures?

I wouldnt go as far as crank failure it just puts extra strain and pressure on the crank which can cause it to start to separate. 21cc's your looking at around 156 PSI at sea level compared to the stock 136 psi. So essentially you would be putting an extra 20 psi on the crank which is not that big of a deal in my eyes. Porting however is going to add about 10 horsepower to the motor to an about 50 hp motor bringing you into the 60's. Thats a great deal of power which is why you may want to get it welded. In the end its up to your opinion of what you think your crank can handle given its hours, wear, and durability.

Noss head because it is a 2 piece design. You can set a dome over each bore. Then slide the base shell down over the studs. The put the top plate on. Where one piece heads you have to do it all at once. The two piece design allows you to visually see that the domes and o rings are properly installed.