Engine Carnage

When i saw the extent of the damage my jaw dropped, the rest of the rod is lodged in the case still, I'll definately post pictures later of the inside later for your viewing pleasure.

Are you kidding me??? I would have shit my pants if I dumped out my exhaust and a fuckin wrist pin fell out..... The next thing would be something like "how in the HELL did that make it into the exhaust...uh oh" haha

Are you sure about it being a bearing? I only ask because it looks to me more like that piston seized into place HARD and you were up on the pipe so hard that the piston skirting couldnt deal with it so it ripped the piston in half. Either way....DAMN GOOD JOB man......never seen a failure like that.

We should have another section that deals with nothing but carnage and the reason why they grenaded themselves........either way thanks for the photos man!

As promised, I brimg pictures of the cases and crank.

e343d637.jpg

edd82dc9.jpg

c6b6c361.jpg

14169f2c.jpg

I also found that the main bearing on the crank side was not spinning free and smooth, and the seal that goes with it, that was brand new, had some dings and premature wear. So maybe it was still a bearing issue, just not the one I had thought of. Any insight would be appreciated

I couldnt hear it tbh. One cylinder was still going and it was beating the shit out of the other one. The vibration was like trying to hold onto a paint shaker on full blast. I hope that I never have to go through that again.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

As promised, I brimg pictures of the cases and crank.

e343d637.jpg

edd82dc9.jpg

c6b6c361.jpg

14169f2c.jpg

LOL: If you would of man up & held on to the paint shaker for a little long you would of completed the custom trenching on the one side. Then you would only come out of pocket to trenching the other side to complete the case for a 10mil build. :notworthy:

You are pretty lucky cases are still useable. for a stock stroke or for a trench job! time to build it faster! lol

I came across a whole engine thru a freind for 300$, the transmission was bad in it so im going to frankenstein it back together using my transmission. Should work out quite nicely.