392cc BBK from ATHENA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for a budget friendly upgrade this winter porting the stockers seems like the way to go true?

I dont really care about more displacement if i can get what im after with the stockers being milled.

Im in lovington il.South of decatur about 25 mins.

Displacement isn't where the power is at on these things unless youre talking a huge jump. Even then efficiency inside the motor is worth a ton more. I bet you would be happy(for a while) with a good port job. You could prob gain a good 15 hp from what I think you have as a fairly stock setup. Then you still get to run stock sized pistons and all that. I had some stock cylinders that ran pretty good. There's plenty of guys on here that are pushing 90hp with properly setup stockers. Not exactly new tech so it's well proven.

I just moved from Taylorville few months back. Spent my share of time tearing up the places you've been riding at. We rode at south fork back when it was nothing. Ah the good ol days.

Im planning to buy a BBK and since i just rebuilt the motor just run the wisecos this summer and purchase and send off the BBK to ken oconnor racing for porting this winter are these ATHENA kits any good?

Im looking for a true 100% bolt on and not spend an arm and a leg.Ive seen the cheetah stuff and so on and thats just too much for a toy i cant ride on the street so id like low buck but best bang for low buck are these the ticket with a little porting?

Hows the quality of these kits?Does the nikasil hold up well against flaking and scaring?

Was rereading this, what's an Athena cylinder cost? What's oconner gonna charge ya for porting? I assume you would have a chunk of change in something like that? You can buy a stock stroke serval or cub for like 8-900 I think. Run it as cast for a while. Thats prob good for anywhere from 65-75 hp I'd guess. Then when you get tired of that you can send it off for porting and it'll be too fast to ride in any of those places you mentioned.

This needed posted here after a bashing I got from this guy on an other forum for my comments. AWK08 is the member who made KOR on BF. Here I know it wont get deleted or messed with.

-Brandon

Originally Posted by awk08

hey brandon,

i respect and admire the work you do, but ken oconnor offered me an incredible deal on the porting i let him do, we were talkin 'bout the shock bushings he makes and it just came up, so i let him do it,

he did catch that my recently bored cylinder was at 8mm clearence, way out of spec, so new 67mm is going in

but i'd value your "strictly private-between you and i " opinion on the porting pics i posted today in the engine section, and also his decision to put my head at 17 cc's and pump gas ????

pm's only, i'm not trying to start a "builders bashing war" here

thanx bro

awk

i have been veiwing as a guest on at least 6 forums over the last few years, but chose this one to finally register for,

i just could not sit back and be quite for any longer

i've seen this wildcard subject mentioned on at least 3 other forums today, none of them had anything good to say about how wildcard handled this situation,

i even saw a few drag banshee owners say that they had been considering you for work, but will not be sending you anything if this is how you handle yourself as a professional on public forums, and i must agree, you're really making yourself look like a fool.

i've watched you talk shit on other builders on here before, and you did it again in this thread, unprovoked

the O.P. asked a simple question about a set of cylinders, and you immedietly threw yourself on the floor in a little hissy fit as soon as any other builder was mentioned.

what is the reasoning behind trying to make other builders look bad ? work slow ?

childhood insecurities catching up to you ? maybe a few therapy sessions will help !

i also saw talk that you lost your technician status on the blaster site, so somebody is using common sense and not letting you get away with this unprofessional tirade you are on, is there some secret as to why you're allowed to act this way on here ?

the site administators need to take control of this, as it is making this site, and this sport look like a joke.

grow the fuk up already, and learn how to handle your business professionally, instead of trying to impress your little chronies on here

If this o'connor guy is so good why did the guy have to get a second opinion on all his doings?? As said it's not the first time people have contacted Brandon, he learned the long way prob working his way up the shop so why should he give away his to people who coulda just used him in the first place or to DIY builders charging people for hit and miss Frankenstein work.

i have been veiwing as a guest on at least 6 forums over the last few years, but chose this one to finally register for,

i just could not sit back and be quite for any longer

i've seen this wildcard subject mentioned on at least 3 other forums today, none of them had anything good to say about how wildcard handled this situation,

i even saw a few drag banshee owners say that they had been considering you for work, but will not be sending you anything if this is how you handle yourself as a professional on public forums, and i must agree, you're really making yourself look like a fool.

i've watched you talk shit on other builders on here before, and you did it again in this thread, unprovoked

the O.P. asked a simple question about a set of cylinders, and you immedietly threw yourself on the floor in a little hissy fit as soon as any other builder was mentioned.

what is the reasoning behind trying to make other builders look bad ? work slow ?

childhood insecurities catching up to you ? maybe a few therapy sessions will help !

i also saw talk that you lost your technician status on the blaster site, so somebody is using common sense and not letting you get away with this unprofessional tirade you are on, is there some secret as to why you're allowed to act this way on here ?

the site administators need to take control of this, as it is making this site, and this sport look like a joke.

grow the fuk up already, and learn how to handle your business professionally, instead of trying to impress your little chronies on here

I agree that I may not have handled myself in the most proffessional manner in this thread, no arguement there. And for anyone whom I may have offended I apologize.

However, I would like to ask when you've seen me bash on any other builders on here. Many can vouch for the fact that is not generally my style at all. In fact if asked I have many builders that I will recommend to others, this too I'm sure can be vouched for by members on here.

My comments although my opinion only were a product of actual events that have transpired over the past two years. I should have used different wording indeed. But, the volume of E-mails, calls and PM's from this other builders customers asking me what pipes, jetting, fuel ect. they need to get their motors running right have left me with a serious distaste for his business ethics. I meant everything I said, and it was based on fact that the consumers should know. I just should have used different wording.

And no, work has not been slow. I have continued to have a backlog of engine work and even turned work away this year. This too can be vouched for by members here.

-Brandon