hay guys i need banshee help big bore or stroker kit!

hay banshee bros , i was wondering if i can get some info , heres what i have and what i do , 02 banshee toomeys, vidos stage 2 carbon reeds , 280 mine jet , new top end .20 over (Stock carbs & cylinders) , shaved polished stock head for more compression , k &n air kit , ( was thinking about a +4 timing plate ), other than that , that's about it ..... we do half trail and about half hillclimb just going out having fun

Now i was wondering what ells i can do to the shee , as fare as bolt on mods go .... i cant think of any more .. i saw like the BOLT ON athena big bore 392cc kit around 500$ witch is not that bad , but as i was reading more into it and you only gain max 8 or 9 HP all it is , is new top end just bigger

Then i was the 4mil kits , now this is what a buddy told me to do , ( IM NOT LOOKING TO SPEND ALL THAT MUCH ), not looking to race out in the duns nothing like that sooo, anyway he told me to get a 4ml stroker crank

( saw name brand one on eBay for around 300-400$ , iI can use my stock cylinders and bore , wyseco top end kit witch was 250$ on eBay , all it is , is pistons ( stock .20 over just made for a long rod crank ) ring and gaskets , he told me on pump gas i should get anywhere from 15-20 HP gain he did not say anything about me needing new bigger carbs or porting the reed cages or anything ells............ cool head ???/

I do not want an all out gas guzzling shee that is so fast i cant play around in the woods with out it loading up or over heating , for min money just want a little more ass! not looking to spend much over 5 or 600

so is there an answer ? any bolt on's i missed ? or the bolt on 392cc/400cc/404cc kit ? or the whole bottom end 4mil crank stock cylinders bigger piston deal ?

If 4mil kit then what all do i need ( Keep in mind my father dos all my work , hes a machinist who can punch out sleeves port polish or build / re-build anything weld or whatever ) , agen and agen thanks dad!!

Thanks to whoever helps!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you go 4mm you need a head, domes pistons and proper porting. So 850-900 bucks. 400ish for teh crank, 169 for chariot cool head, 80 for domes and 200 for pistons providing your dad does your porting. + seals + gaskets.

Just port your cylinders, get a cool head, chariot or NOSS. And run the shit out of it

Adam

def get the +4 on the timing. if your lid is not off your air box take it off. then run it till it needs a new top end. keep saving $ till the time comes. no need to waste a good top end. only reason i went 4 mil so quickly was because i had to split the cases to fix a tranny problem

Port your cylinders, true and weld your crank and you will not be disappointed. I would have a site sponsor do your porting though unless your dad has done such on a banshee before. You cant just start grinding material away, there is an art to it. Call Jeff at FAST and tell him your budget and riding Style and he will make suggestions. Sounds lake a good trail/mx port would do you a lot!

Port your cylinders, true and weld your crank and you will not be disappointed. I would have a site sponsor do your porting though unless your dad has done such on a banshee before. You cant just start grinding material away, there is an art to it. Call Jeff at FAST and tell him your budget and riding Style and he will make suggestions. Sounds lake a good trail/mx port would do you a lot!

x2, stock banshee cranks can come apart so with out a solid foundation (THE CRANKSHAFT) I would just save up until you are ready to do it right! If the crank comes apart you are going to trash the whole engine!

hay banshee bros , i was wondering if i can get some info , heres what i have and what i do , 02 banshee toomeys, vidos stage 2 carbon reeds , 280 mine jet , new top end .20 over (Stock carbs & cylinders) , shaved polished stock head for more compression , k &n air kit , ( was thinking about a +4 timing plate ), other than that , that's about it ..... we do half trail and about half hillclimb just going out having fun

Now i was wondering what ells i can do to the shee , as fare as bolt on mods go .... i cant think of any more .. i saw like the BOLT ON athena big bore 392cc kit around 500$ witch is not that bad , but as i was reading more into it and you only gain max 8 or 9 HP all it is , is new top end just bigger

Then i was the 4mil kits , now this is what a buddy told me to do , ( IM NOT LOOKING TO SPEND ALL THAT MUCH ), not looking to race out in the duns nothing like that sooo, anyway he told me to get a 4ml stroker crank

( saw name brand one on eBay for around 300-400$ , iI can use my stock cylinders and bore , wyseco top end kit witch was 250$ on eBay , all it is , is pistons ( stock .20 over just made for a long rod crank ) ring and gaskets , he told me on pump gas i should get anywhere from 15-20 HP gain he did not say anything about me needing new bigger carbs or porting the reed cages or anything ells............ cool head ???/

I do not want an all out gas guzzling shee that is so fast i cant play around in the woods with out it loading up or over heating , for min money just want a little more ass! not looking to spend much over 5 or 600

so is there an answer ? any bolt on's i missed ? or the bolt on 392cc/400cc/404cc kit ? or the whole bottom end 4mil crank stock cylinders bigger piston deal ?

If 4mil kit then what all do i need ( Keep in mind my father dos all my work , hes a machinist who can punch out sleeves port polish or build / re-build anything weld or whatever ) , agen and agen thanks dad!!

Thanks to whoever helps!!!

Is this a joke??

More than likely hes serious. My advice is to go 4mill w/ cut domes so that u dont need the spacer plate. And get the bike mx ported. Itll be around 500 when its all said and done and u will have a fast bike

Going 4 mill with port work and cut domes will be well over $500.

4 mill crank welded $450

Port work $250-350 (not sure what it cost for a mx port, my dune port was $350)

Cut domes if you have an aftermarket head $ 85

Not to mention new pistons and a bore and hone to do it right and all of the gaskets ect to go along with it.

These are just ball park numbers but you get the idea. If going ported 4 mill was only $500 a lot more people would have them.

Buying used will be cheaper and you could get closer to $500 but you never really know the condition of the parts.

I still think for the cost, ported stock stroke will give you a noticeable increase in power keeping cost lower.

def get the +4 on the timing. if your lid is not off your air box take it off. then run it till it needs a new top end. keep saving $ till the time comes. no need to waste a good top end. only reason i went 4 mil so quickly was because i had to split the cases to fix a tranny problem

Best advice right here.

thanks for all the grate info!!! when its time for a new top end at least i have a god idea of what i will be doing :) AND NO THIS IS NOT A JOKE , THE JOKE IS ON YOU WITH YOU -2 SWING ARM PUNK

Haha, why is a -2 swing arm a joke? Check all the MX bikes. The real MX bikes and see what swing arms there running.