First banshee need help tuning

Ok i recently got a banshee in trade needed some work i so i totally stripped it powder coated frame rebuilt motor the whole nine yards.

Finally got it going yesterday and have some issues its not as stout on the bottom end as id expect and it wont start hot without the choke.

The mods to this banshee are t5's,chariot performance reeds,toomey filter,stock carbs with 32.5 pilots,270 mains,toomey needles 4th clip,a/f 1.5 turns out.

I had the 25 pilots toomeys perfect jet kit called for but it ran like SH*T on the low end and wouldnt hardly start after swapping in 32.5 pilots it starts easily with the choke on cold and will some times start with 1-3 kicks hot but most of the time if i choke it it starts up immediately.Ive synced the carbs with the sight glasses per the manuals instructions,idle is nice and smooth its just a PITA to start warm and up until about half throttle it dont feel like its real stout.Comnpression check shows 125psi in both cylinders and im sure theres no leaks.

Any help would be great.Are the toomeys real stout down low or are they a top end pipe because once this thing comes on the pipe about 1/2 throttle its scary.But just goosing the throttle down low it wont even pick the front tires up.

Edited by Mustang_Guy81

i forgot to mention tors is gone,carbs are rebuilt checked to insure i had the correct float bowls,and the tube between the two carbs is new and connected.

Shouldnt this quad be able to be putting along and you stab the throttle and it lift the tires this one wont it bogs then catches up to its self.

Ill agree with that but this isnt right ill assure you of that.

Ive watched a lot of you tube vids and my bike doesnt have halfon the low end compared to what the ones with similar mods to mine have.

My blaster will lift the front wheels all day long and its a little vitos 240cc kit so i fully expect a banshee with 110cc more in displacement and similar mods to do the same.

Yeah I'll agree with you there, I wasn't sure if you had any background with 2 strokes at all. There's a lot of people who will trade a yfz450 for a banshee and then complain about low end. But it sounds like you've definitely got an issue.

I would agree, I think the problem is with the pilots.

Have you sync'd the carbs with a vac sync tool? Have you sync'd the slides so they rise at the same time ?

Carbs are synced per the manual.

I got it figured out ended up swapping back in my stock needles and realized i some how managed to mix up pilots and had a 25 in one and 32.5 in the other.Now i got 32.5's in both and stock needles on middle clips and its firing up and running like a champ except the bottom end is really rich so im ordering 27.5-30's.

Bottom end isnt as stout as id expect or like but OMFG it screams up top!

Will 27.5's be enough or will i most likely use the 30's im extremely tired of pulling these carbs.

Carbs are synced per the manual.

I got it figured out ended up swapping back in my stock needles and realized i some how managed to mix up pilots and had a 25 in one and 32.5 in the other.Now i got 32.5's in both and stock needles on middle clips and its firing up and running like a champ except the bottom end is really rich so im ordering 27.5-30's.

Bottom end isnt as stout as id expect or like but OMFG it screams up top!

Will 27.5's be enough or will i most likely use the 30's im extremely tired of pulling these carbs.

LOL glad you figured it out bro !

Yes, 27.5 should be good for your setup.

If you want more low end add a bigger sprocket in the rear :)

I should have the new 27.5-30 pilots and k&n filter tomorrow so i can dial it in.Ill be swapping in the 280 mains instead of the current 270's but putting the stock jet needles back in fixed 90% of the issues i had.

Guess that perfect jet kit shit isnt all its cracked up to be and especially for the price.

There is no way to tell you what the pefect pilot for your bike is but as a general rule a 27.5 should work just great in your bike. LOL I am sure it had issue with 2 different pilots in it. Just keep checking your plugs and playing with your jets and you will get it right where you want it.