YFZ 450 Shocks

DirtDiggler69

I see the pinned how to BUT the pictures aren't showing up .

I got my shocks today and the upper mount looks like it needs to be ground down a little bit for the bolt to line up.

I'm using +2 a arms so the lower mount isn't an issue . Anyone else need to grind some of the bottom Of the upper mount?

I see the pinned how to BUT the pictures aren't showing up .

I got my shocks today and the upper mount looks like it needs to be ground down a little bit for the bolt to line up.

I'm using +2 a arms so the lower mount isn't an issue . Anyone else need to grind some of the bottom Of the upper mount?

I don't have those shocks but i have heard many times that you must grind a little bit off in under for these to work. Enjoy your new shocks.

I got the front suspension installed today , I have new ASR tie rod ends on the way so next week the shee will be back on her feet .

The YFZ shocks are a tight fit but everything slid together nice .

8dace0cd.jpg

82e82cae.jpg

f8ea88d9.jpg

Did you happen to notice that your spring is touching your upper a-arm?

Hard to see in the pIcture but there is very minimal clearance ,

It has about a 1/4" of space .The other side is the same .

• 2 weeks later...

I got the front end all together and the YFZ 450 shocks clear everything , my a arms I am sure are ASR +2+1 standard travel . The Shocks were a tight fit and at full extension the spring does touch the a arm where the heim is threaded into , but no binding at all . I got the shee back on her feet and ran the front suspension up and down and found no problems . I can't wait to carve some dunes and trails !

• 1 year later...