not running right

11AGUY

Have a 2003 with stock engine, no porting, 400 feet elevation, stock pipes with DG silencer, bored .20 over, carbon fiber reeds, pro design foam filter with no lid, TORS removed... fresh rebuild

Had issues a few weeks ago and Jeff from FAST told me that my mains were too small and I had to bump up to 27.5 pilots because I had the air screws .5 turns in (would die in gear in less I did so)... at this time I had the stock filter/cage and lid on

Took the lid off with the prodesign foam set-up, put in 27.6 pilot and 260 mains.......

synced the carbs prior too... had the air screws 1.5 turns out and when I put it in gear it had a lot of hesitation and fell on its face a few times.... had to turn the screws in to .5 to get it to take off and drive decent, but still not great...

would the lid off and this new airfilter set-up effect my pilot that much... need to bump up to 30 pilots???

help please....

here I am thinking out loud, could it be the stock pipes? a set of aftermarkets will do better then stocks, also try pulling the choke out and see what it does.. you are almost there

Have a 2003 with stock engine, no porting, 400 feet elevation, stock pipes with DG silencer, bored .20 over, carbon fiber reeds, pro design foam filter with no lid, TORS removed... fresh rebuild

Had issues a few weeks ago and Jeff from FAST told me that my mains were too small and I had to bump up to 27.5 pilots because I had the air screws .5 turns in (would die in gear in less I did so)... at this time I had the stock filter/cage and lid on

Took the lid off with the prodesign foam set-up, put in 27.6 pilot and 260 mains.......

synced the carbs prior too... had the air screws 1.5 turns out and when I put it in gear it had a lot of hesitation and fell on its face a few times.... had to turn the screws in to .5 to get it to take off and drive decent, but still not great...

would the lid off and this new airfilter set-up effect my pilot that much... need to bump up to 30 pilots???

help please....

Your probably right.... Maybe it's the fact that I have been watching vids in YouTube and all the shee have aftermarket pipes and I am expecting the same sound and performance. I think most of those bikes have an advance timing and have more of a bottom end.. Have a set if T-6's that I am getting ready to put on but waiting on parts from Toomey... Plugs look good... Nice mocha color with a tiny bit of wetness... What about moving the needle???

needle on the third clip is ok, timing to 4deg, and cool head or stock?

Your probably right.... Maybe it's the fact that I have been watching vids in YouTube and all the shee have aftermarket pipes and I am expecting the same sound and performance. I think most of those bikes have an advance timing and have more of a bottom end.. Have a set if T-6's that I am getting ready to put on but waiting on parts from Toomey... Plugs look good... Nice mocha color with a tiny bit of wetness... What about moving the needle???

oophs, you have a stock head, get a milled head to raise compression a bit, it helps with bottom end, not so much where you will have to use race gas, you will find them here on hq for sale, also front sprocket plays a roll...

needle on the third clip is ok, timing to 4deg, and cool head or stock?

Yeah I am going to buy a adjustable timing plate soon... The needle is in the third clip and I am at .5 turns out on the air screw.. I also installed new carbon fiber reeds on the stock cages... Apparently this means that I might need to adjust the needle to the

2nd clip (leaner)... This is what I read on the digital tool box sticky on this thread.. Gonna try the half out choke trick once it's warmed up..... Should I bump up to 30 pilots??? Thx for the info

Hi, 30 is getting bigger then needed, I think you will take care of the problem with the pipes, 280 mains, 27.5 pilots, needle on the third slot, air filter with the cover half off or all, and on the carbs make sure that they are clean with special attention to the emulsion tubes, a ,030 milled head or +4deg timing it just complements the bottom end, good luck and keep it up, that is the way a banshee always rolls with two up in the air!!! :headbang:

Yeah I am going to buy a adjustable timing plate soon... The needle is in the third clip and I am at .5 turns out on the air screw.. I also installed new carbon fiber reeds on the stock cages... Apparently this means that I might need to adjust the needle to the

2nd clip (leaner)... This is what I read on the digital tool box sticky on this thread.. Gonna try the half out choke trick once it's warmed up..... Should I bump up to 30 pilots??? Thx for the info

help please....

You need to do a plug chop to see if it's running lean or rich