AV gas or Race gas

rcblue

Hey guys and girls. I was gonna pick the brains of the people who may have more knowledge than I do about the advantages and disavantages of running race gas vs. av gas. I have been running race gas but am seriously considering switching to av gas for a coupe of reasons. What do you think??

Hey guys and girls. I was gonna pick the brains of the people who may have more knowledge than I do about the advantages and disavantages of running race gas vs. av gas. I have been running race gas but am seriously considering switching to av gas for a coupe of reasons. What do you think??

Do it. I was a sceptic for awhile but its a good fuel if your set up for it.

How much compression & timing can AV gas support before detonating?

I dont have the exact answer, but I ran 18cc domes and +4 on my stock cylinder making 180 psi. and now I have 19 cc domes with +7 and 165 psi on my cub.

heard it was unstabble at low altitude

It is just desinged to be burnt at a higher altitude where the air is thinner. I would run a mix of race fuel, and pump gas before I ran Aviation fuel. Aviation fuel is also rated differently. It has lean and rich octane ratings wich doesnt direclty compaire to pump fuel or race fuel.

heard it was unstabble at low altitude

This is the most highly regulated fuel in the world... there is no way it would be unstable at low altitude... planes fly at ALL altitudes!

It is just desinged to be burnt at a higher altitude where the air is thinner. I would run a mix of race fuel, and pump gas before I ran Aviation fuel. Aviation fuel is also rated differently. It has lean and rich octane ratings wich doesnt direclty compaire to pump fuel or race fuel.

I have done much reading about Av gas, and it does have a MON rating, which is how race and pump is rated for its resistance to heat. The mon rating is about 100.

I have had GREAT success running this fuel for the last 4 years and love it! I know many others that have the same story... Av gas is a great alternative to race gas.

Edited by SonOfSand