Hello very new here

ben123

first off hi to everyone, I just bought a 2001 stock banshee last week. This my first banshee. Ive ridden it 3 days and works good. Starts up on the first or second kick everytime. Just replaced rear brake pads. need to get the front bled. One issue that i knownothing about is: Most of the time it ildles fine but after i ride it for a few minuets it wants to die when its idling. If im not pressing the gas it will die sometimes. It is completly stock so it has not been jetted. Any help would be awsome thanx. Ill post pics soon.

first off hi to everyone, I just bought a 2001 stock banshee last week. This my first banshee. Ive ridden it 3 days and works good. Starts up on the first or second kick everytime. Just replaced rear brake pads. need to get the front bled. One issue that i knownothing about is: Most of the time it ildles fine but after i ride it for a few minuets it wants to die when its idling. If im not pressing the gas it will die sometimes. It is completly stock so it has not been jetted. Any help would be awsome thanx. Ill post pics soon.

Welcome to the forum!! BHQ has a lot to offer. You can download the service manual from the link below.

I would adjust your air screw on the carb. Just above the bowl left side of the carbs is a small screw. I would turn it all the way in and count the turns until snug prolly 1 or 1 1/2. Then set back to prolly 1 1/2 on both. Ride the bike when it's warm see how the idle is. If you have pipes roomy T-5 or something your jetting should be 25 pilot and around 280 at sea level.

Also suggested for carb syncing is buying one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-WEBER-DELLORTO-DUAL-CARB-SYNCHROMETER-TOOL-EMPI-/400279359763?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item5d32825113&vxp=mtr#ht_4911wt_1503

This will help with syncing the carbs and should cure the idle.

Adam

Welcome to the addiction and to being broke. You have a stock bike so be prepared to shell out some serious coin in the near future. As soon as you hear and see a nice piped banshee roll up you'll be giving up anywhere from about $350 to $650 on pipes because that seems to be the first mod a stock bike sees, and trust me you'll want some. As far as the carbs go check out this link as it is amazing info on the banshee stock carbs. Good luck and read your ass off in here because its a gold mine of information.

http://www.dfn.com/agservices/jetfaq.html

welcome and enjoy the forum. get some pipes, take that lid off the air box. throw some 280 main jets in each carb. throw a k&n clamp on airfilter or pro design with adaptor in the airbox and it will wake up the bike alot. i always do the maintance stuff first when i get a new bike. air filter, plugs, new tranny fluid ect. take good care of her!