Jet pipe question

I have a banshee with Dg pipes all stock motor K&N air filter with stock box and lid carb had 200 main jets in dg says go up one size I went to 210 runs ok until I get half to full throttle then it sputters n falls on its face.. What size jet you think and do I move the needle to allow more gas in.. I put a set of 260 in that a friend had n it idled great but didn't want to go.. Any chance it could be a reed problem? I didn't look at them yet

I have a banshee with Dg pipes all stock motor K&N air filter with stock box and lid carb had 200 main jets in dg says go up one size I went to 210 runs ok until I get half to full throttle then it sputters n falls on its face.. What size jet you think and do I move the needle to allow more gas in.. I put a set of 260 in that a friend had n it idled great but didn't want to go.. Any chance it could be a reed problem? I didn't look at them yet

problem solved

I would say your to rich,when it spudders like that,was always a sign of to much fuel,i would try the 200s or some 205s,but a dg pipes is only good for 1 or 2 hp from what i take of it,you would be better off with some toomey t6s,they are for a stock,non ported set up,when it was going from 1/4 to half throttle,did it seem to be lean,real peppy feeling?

I would say your to rich,when it spudders like that,was always a sign of to much fuel,i would try the 200s or some 205s,but a dg pipes is only good for 1 or 2 hp from what i take of it,you would be better off with some toomey t6s,they are for a stock,non ported set up,when it was going from 1/4 to half throttle,did it seem to be lean,real peppy feeling?

At low to mid throttle is seems to run good with 210 its only full throttle when it seems almost to break up or like sputter

It came with the pipes I burned a piston out thats Y I wanted to jet it plus it don't run like a banshee

Edited by Screamin Banshee92

First DG pipes are crap, I realize that was what the bike came with, but you should REALLY find something better. Especially when the rest of the bug bites and you start doing more mods- and the bug will bite because sooner or later you will get tired of bringing up the rear of your Banshee riding group. That being said, I would not go with T6s because they are great for a stock motor, maybe some mild boltons. Look at T5s, FMF, CPIs, Shearers, or R2s, Talk to people that have them and have similar riding styles/areas as yours. Now, as to your current jetting problems- if you melted a piston, it was because you were lean, no ifs, ands, or buts. It probably was the jetting, but you may have developed an air leak. I have NO knowledge of what DG pipes need to run but usually an aftermarket pipe needs a main jet between 260 and 350 to run right, depending on mods and displacement. You need to read the thread on carbs, it is either in the tech info section or the jetting section. The main jet only affects how the bike runs in the upper throttle openings, running at idle is controlled by the idle air screw, off idle is the pilot, mid throttle is the needle and clip position, and wide open is the main jet. When jetting it is better to start rich and work towards lean as that way you don't melt pistons. You need to start with 260-280 and do a plug chop to see where you are at. Banshee main jets come in increments of 10 from 200 on up so there is no 205.

I had the same problem when I bought my last one... a melted piston and stock jets with aftermarket pipes, reeds and K&N filter setup. After I did the rebuild I started with 300 mains and 27.5 pilots. I had to turn in the air screws to about 1/2 turn from closed and I am still in the process of tuning but it runs very well and is never more than 2 kicks to start. The guys in here will have many good ideas for you (they did for me) and I also found that the tuning is very specific to each individual bike and different altitudes / weather / mods / riding conditions. Start rich and work lean seems to be the safest way to get to where you need to be. Check out the following link , it helped me alot. Good luck. Banshee Jetting FAQ

I had the same problem when I bought my last one... a melted piston and stock jets with aftermarket pipes, reeds and K&N filter setup. After I did the rebuild I started with 300 mains and 27.5 pilots. I had to turn in the air screws to about 1/2 turn from closed and I am still in the process of tuning but it runs very well and is never more than 2 kicks to start. The guys in here will have many good ideas for you (they did for me) and I also found that the tuning is very specific to each individual bike and different altitudes / weather / mods / riding conditions. Start rich and work lean seems to be the safest way to get to where you need to be. Check out the following link , it helped me alot. Good luck. Banshee Jetting FAQ

I have 260 in now and it don't want to move its almost like fauled plugs Y would I go higher more gas dont seem right.. putting 210 back in and moving the needle see what happens..