Muffler Packing?

volvo63'

What kind of muffler packing do you guys use? Aslo, does anybody know about what octane mixing VP 110 octane and 93 pump 50/50 will get?

I've used moose muffler packing in the past, worked great.

I would recommend NOT mixing the two fuels to increase the lower octane. Just buy whatever octane you need and run with it.

I've used moose muffler packing in the past, worked great.

I would recommend NOT mixing the two fuels to increase the lower octane. Just buy whatever octane you need and run with it.

The reason that I ask is that the only guy that you can get race fuel from around here cant get any 104 octane for a month.

Edited by volvo63'

The reason that I ask is that the only guy that you can get race fuel from around here cant get any 104 octane for a month.

Technically you can mix the two and get away with it, I suppose I was just coming from the angle of why go through the trouble since you can buy different octanes, but you answered it. :)

50/50 - 93 and 110 would get you 101.5 octane. You could get higher than 101.5 if you use more 110 w/ the 93, but how much, I cannot answer. This is the main reason I don't recommend mixing fuels...If you are absolute certain you're using 2.5 gallons of each, you can come out with the correct octane, but if you use 2.3 gallons of 110 and 2.7 gallons of 93, it won't be 101.5. Unless you have something to measure exact gallons, half gallons, etc., you can screw it up really easily.

If you do mix fuels, make sure you mix them very well as they have different densities.

Ive always mixed 110 and 91. Sometimes 50/50 when my comp was higher. Now 6 years later my comp is lower ive mixed 75/25. Less 110 now. But a splash of it to keep the octane bumped up. And for packing i was advised to use $3 house insulation from home depot and it worked perfect. Got the pink house insulation. There you go.