Blowing orings

4mildkue

Could you be detonating? I ask mainly because of the 17cc domes? If you are detonating, something will give like the spark plugs backing out, blowing orings, or grenading the engine.....the first two are cheaper..

What is the kicking compression?

Ok so this is all just general obvservation from your recent posts about alky. It seems that your new to alky correct? 180 is a bit high, however it is usable if your setup is spot on. There is MUCH more to a dome than a simple cc #. So here is a list of questions most are gonna ask. If I were you I would copy/paste and then answer them. Thats going to yeild you the best answers.

1- Are the domes a shelf dome or did your builder set them up for you?

2- What is your squish?

3- How far are you running before it knocks the plugs out of it?

4- Does it "lay over" or suddenly drop out of power going down the track? (lean condition)

5- What do the plugs look like after it knocks them out?

6- What motor/carb combo are you running?

7- What position are your PJs in?

8- Does the bike try to "run away" or free rev after you pull the clutch in at the end of your pass?

9- Whats the water temp after you make a pass?

IMO this doesnt have anything to do with the head, and all to do with your tunning (or lack thereof)

My domes are shelf domes,, i can make Abt 3 passes and it blows the plugs out,, it doesn't lay over at all,, and my motor is 4mil drag ported stock cylinder on alky with 38mm keihin carbs timing set at 9 degrees,,, it doesn't drop out of the powerband,, and it doesnt rev up by itself after I pull the clutch in...and my left cylinder usually runs Abt 120 and the right side is Abt 85 to 90

There might be issues besides tuning causing the orings to blow but I might try backing the timing off (9 degrees is quite a bit of advance). The fact that it is

also blowing the plugs out points pretty strong at detonation. 'Shelf' domes are usually safe with alky domes but alky domes

aren't terribly safe with gas, (race or otherwise). The domes are 4mill 17cc? Did I make them?

I bought the head and domes off eBay

ENOUGH SAID... YOU TRIED TO SAVE 40 BUCKS ON A MOTOR THAT COSTS 1000S... RATHER THAN BUY IT FROM A BUILDER WHO CAN SET THEM UP FOR WHAT YOU NEED YOU LISTEN TO SOME SMUCK ON EBAY.. UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL A BUILDER, GIVE THEM YOUR ENTIRE SETUP, AND HAVE THEM CUT YOU NEW DOMES..