banshee dies when put in gear

11AGUY

TORS and Parking Brake removed with elimination kit

32:1 maxima

stock pipes with DG silencers

fresh bore .20 over Wiseco

Carbon Fiber reeds on stock cages

just replaced CDI box and coil (with "used")

carbs synced

all electrical checked

carbs rebuilt with Moose rebuilt kits

Main Jet 220

Pilot 25

1.5 turns out

3rd (middle groove) on needle

issue is i finally got the bike to idle well but will fine tune when i receive the sync tool from FAST next week

originally had the screws set 2 turns out but put them in .5 turns and the bike seemed to idle better... gave it a tiny bit of throttle and it sounded good...

put the bike in gear and it falls flat on it's face... if i give it a bit more throttle and sort of keep it moving with the thumb throttle, it hesitates move forward, bucks and then dies.....

what should I concentrate on, sound like a needle or pilot jet issue

completed the worksheet sticky on this thread and it stated position 2-3 for the needle, 200-220 main and 25-30 pilot... I am at 500 feet elevation

I was thinking of adjusting the needle to the 4th groove and see how the bike reacted.... Thanks

So you cant ride it at all, or can you feather the clutch and get going. If its dying like that it sound electrical and not the carbs. They would have to be way off to not let you ride it at all.

Mine did similar until I realised the ignition key wire was broken so pulling the clutch or turning the handle bar made it stall.

So you cant ride it at all, or can you feather the clutch and get going. If its dying like that it sound electrical and not the carbs. They would have to be way off to not let you ride it at all.

If I don't feather it and just give it a little gas it just dies... I i feather it and have to keep feathering it, it will go for a little (running like complete dog shit) and then die on me....

checked everything with a DMM and everything is within spec... only thing that is not checking out is carb boots.... I can't get a reading with them attached to the wires... pull the boots and the wires pass the secondary coil test for ohms..... try to check continuity between both ends of plug boots and nothing/..... don't get it because I figured that if they were jacked up the bike wouldn't even idle.....

it just sort of peters out due to lack of power, it just doesn't totally cut out

any suggestions

Edited by 11AGUY

Mine did similar until I realised the ignition key wire was broken so pulling the clutch or turning the handle bar made it stall.

yeah, I checked the key-switch and kill switch with DMM and they are in working order... I followed the steps on the electrical FAQ thread that I found on this site.... stator, pick-up coil, harness has continuity and even replaced the CDI and coil for haha's....

Try a different stator, they can test good then when they heat up they fail. Also double check your grounds. The one attached to frame clear of paint and the points the coil bolt to the frame also clear of paint.

alright thanks..... cleaned the coil mount and coil grounds with a wire brush...... stator and timing plate look corroded, where are the grounds???post-42144-0-43996300-1331898548_thumb.jpeg

Edited by 11AGUY

spoke with Jeff from FAST and told me I was way too lean on my pilot... he was right!!!! takes off now with bigger pilot and just a matter of adjustments and sync to get her perfect... thanks guys