herr jugs 4 mil

Any one running the 4 mil stock cyl porting set up from herr jugs , read nothing but great thing aboug herr jugs and looking into gettting a 4 mil .. dislikes ? likes ? good power increase ? got a buddy that put 4mil in his bike from a local builder and my stock stroke stock cyl is just as fast and way more realiable than his his is slways in the shop ( alot to do wiht the guy that built it )

Any one running the 4 mil stock cyl porting set up from herr jugs , read nothing but great thing aboug herr jugs and looking into gettting a 4 mil .. dislikes ? likes ? good power increase ? got a buddy that put 4mil in his bike from a local builder and my stock stroke stock cyl is just as fast and way more realiable than his his is slways in the shop ( alot to do wiht the guy that built it )

I have a HJR 4 mil stock cylinder setup. I crush all stock stroke ported banshees at choke cherry! You will be blown away with the difference, and reliability has been no different from when my banshee was strictly bolt on. On a side note, I have a brand new 4 mil crank for sale, along with my drag ported HJR cylinders, pistons, and domes. PM if interested.

Thanks but I think I am just going to do a mild port job. Looking for the more all around power .. How long have you had the four mil in ?

Just so you know... my drag port is not peaky, it makes much more power at ANY rpm over my bolt on banshee, and screams up top. I have had the four mil in for just over 3 dunes seasons now.

Just so you know... my drag port is not peaky, it makes much more power at ANY rpm over my bolt on banshee, and screams up top. I have had the four mil in for just over 3 dunes seasons now.

Off topic but, did you go to a 4mm cub? if so how does that compare to the drag 4mm stock cyl.

Who built it? And for the record, I would go with Redline or White Knuckle before HJR..

I have a HJR 4 mil stock cylinder setup. I crush all stock stroke ported banshees at choke cherry! You will be blown away with the difference, and reliability has been no different from when my banshee was strictly bolt on. On a side note, I have a brand new 4 mil crank for sale, along with my drag ported HJR cylinders, pistons, and domes. PM if interested.

Im currently getting ready to use HJR for his 4mil setup and was just wondering why you chose the 4mil stock setup over the 4mil cub setup for only a couple hundred more? I was origionally thinking about the +4mil stock cylinder but I don't know if I should just go for the +4 cub. Is there an upside of just sticking with the stock cylinders?

Off topic but, did you go to a 4mm cub? if so how does that compare to the drag 4mm stock cyl.

Hey Titan, yes I went to a cub. I wish I could answer that question right now, as I am excited to know. I have only run my cub up and down the street a few times, I wont have an answer until I tune a little bit and get the cub out on the hill and in the dunes. From the little street riding I did, the cub did not feel much different from my stock cylinder. Kevin told me that a non ported cub would not be much better than my drag ported stockers... so far I would say he is right. Our season will start in a couple of weeks, and I will get back with you on this topic.

Im currently getting ready to use HJR for his 4mil setup and was just wondering why you chose the 4mil stock setup over the 4mil cub setup for only a couple hundred more? I was origionally thinking about the +4mil stock cylinder but I don't know if I should just go for the +4 cub. Is there an upside of just sticking with the stock cylinders?

I see more than a "couple hundred" difference on Kevin's website... almost 500 extra to go the cub over a stock cylinder setup. Aside from the money, I wanted to experience a stock cylinder setup, and I honestly thought 80 hp would be enough. Now I get to savor the cub for a while, and when I am done with that... maybe a DM? I really enjoy building the banshee.

I see more than a "couple hundred" difference on Kevin's website... almost 500 extra to go the cub over a stock cylinder setup. Aside from the money, I wanted to experience a stock cylinder setup, and I honestly thought 80 hp would be enough. Now I get to savor the cub for a while, and when I am done with that... maybe a DM? I really enjoy building the banshee.

My bad, I only threw out the "couple hundred" because I was unaware of the route you had to take to get to your setup like the extra charge for a head if you didn't already have one and then the domes as well as extra for a drag port. So I just generalized the question.

On your stock cylinders did you start with the dune/hillshoot port then move up to the drag port? You have Drag port cylinders for sale but list your mods under your pics as the dune/hillshoot port which is why I ask because like I said I am real close to traveling this same route and trying to get some experienced info. What length swingarm ar you using? I only have a +4 and was wondering if 80ish hp is going to be to short.

My bad, I only threw out the "couple hundred" because I was unaware of the route you had to take to get to your setup like the extra charge for a head if you didn't already have one and then the domes as well as extra for a drag port. So I just generalized the question.

On your stock cylinders did you start with the dune/hillshoot port then move up to the drag port? You have Drag port cylinders for sale but list your mods under your pics as the dune/hillshoot port which is why I ask because like I said I am real close to traveling this same route and trying to get some experienced info. What length swingarm ar you using? I only have a +4 and was wondering if 80ish hp is going to be to short.

Yes, I started with the dune/hillshoot, and then sent my cylinders back to Kevin a year later for the drag. I ran my stock swing arm for two seasons and loved it, keep two things in mind though... I am at 5000 feet, so I am making less power than most who do not run at this high ele. And I love to wheelie. I now have a +3 arm and think it is perfect.

Yes, I started with the dune/hillshoot, and then sent my cylinders back to Kevin a year later for the drag. I ran my stock swing arm for two seasons and loved it, keep two things in mind though... I am at 5000 feet, so I am making less power than most who do not run at this high ele. And I love to wheelie. I now have a +3 arm and think it is perfect.

You're the man, I appreciate the info. I don't know if I should go 4mil Cub or 4mil stock cylinder drag port. I am at least a couple of weeks away from buying my parts from HJR so I look forward to your review of the Cub.

I was in the exact same situation and I decided to start with the HJR 4mili Dune/Hillshoot port. The motor is amazing and I have run it with zero problems for 2 summers now. My setup is: Shearers, 35mm PWKs, Chariot Intake with Boyssen Reeds, and Noss Head. The quickest unit I have run against was a mildly built Honda 450 dirtbike that was close on the gravel but not so on pavement, giving a fairly big edge to the banshee. At aroumd est 75hp it pulled very hard, but the power is so addictive that I since upgraded to a ported 421 cub with 39mmPWKs that I hope with all I've read, will be close to 100hp... should be able to notice that. I will also keep you guys update on how it runs after it is tuned!

I was in the exact same situation and I decided to start with the HJR 4mili Dune/Hillshoot port. The motor is amazing and I have run it with zero problems for 2 summers now. My setup is: Shearers, 35mm PWKs, Chariot Intake with Boyssen Reeds, and Noss Head. The quickest unit I have run against was a mildly built Honda 450 dirtbike that was close on the gravel but not so on pavement, giving a fairly big edge to the banshee. At aroumd est 75hp it pulled very hard, but the power is so addictive that I since upgraded to a ported 421 cub with 39mmPWKs that I hope with all I've read, will be close to 100hp... should be able to notice that. I will also keep you guys update on how it runs after it is tuned!

Thats awsome! I can't wait to get my order in so I can get my build up and going. I sent kevin an email yesterday with a bunch of questions but I am still anxiously awaiting his reply so I can move on from there. So what length swingarm you runnning beebs?

I have stuck with the stock swinger for now. As long as its not in a high traction environment it does fine. If i rode in the dunes with paddles I would opt for a longer one but where I ride that would only cause me to have poor traction.