How to ship pipes

Specifically Shearer's. Expansion chambers, mid pipes, and silencers. I have plenty of shipping peanuts and bubble wrap but the size worries me. I was thinking a computer box? or TV box? but that sounds like it would cost a ton to ship! While were talking about prices, how much does it cost to ship pipes, generally speaking? I am thinking of doing USPS. I wanna pack these things up good and safe! :headbang:

Bubble wrap, newspaper, peanuts and a nice box that isn't HUGE. It costed me like $40 I think last time I shipped some. Just wrap them GOOD because those cock suckers love chucking boxes around.

Yeah I hear ya. $40 isnt that bad. I'll dig through my attic and see what boxes I have that fit, but not too big. Thanks!

Yeah I hear ya. $40 isnt that bad. I'll dig through my attic and see what boxes I have that fit, but not too big. Thanks!

Ship ups, its way cheaper than usps on such a big item. Make sure you pack and wrap them really well. I shipped a set of toomey T5's a month ago for around $16, 3 day ground shipping from Indiana to TN. USPS would have cost me around $28 they said and taken a lot longer to get there.

Ship ups, its way cheaper than usps on such a big item. Make sure you pack and wrap them really well. I shipped a set of toomey T5's a month ago for around $16, 3 day ground shipping from Indiana to TN. USPS would have cost me around $28 they said and taken a lot longer to get there.

Wow, that sounds like a lot better of a deal for shipping. Thanks for the tip

Wow, that sounds like a lot better of a deal for shipping. Thanks for the tip

Yea, I only ship usps on something that is heavy that I can fit in one of their flat rate boxes. any other time I use ups. USPS charges you for weight and size of the box, where ups usually only mainly charges for the weight and less for the size. I ship all big items ups. I have compared usps and ups prices on every shipment and ups is usally always cheaper and has a better tracking system than usps

I know guys who go as far as making a custom box. Meaning they cut a box that is too big and kinda build it around the pipes. Tape the shit out of it and stuff it with foam padding and such. Just remember that the postal peeps do not give a shit whats in the box. Once its at the sort facility, you don't know what could happen. Nothing wrong with going overboard.

I love bubble wrap. If you plan on using peanuts, please seal the pipes off so peanuts can't sneak inside the expansion chamber. I recieved a set of pipes that were packaged very well but had a few peanuts inside. Took me quite a while to get them out. lol

Sealing the ends - noted lol. I'm gonna bubble wrap the hell out of them and put them in a box surrounded by packing peanuts

I've always used FedEx for pipes. $30 from MO to CA. Tracking and insurance already built in. USPS is a pain. There's a reason they're failing.

X2 i avoid usps as much as possible unless I have something heavy as hell I can fit in one of their flat rate boxes