porting, differences?

This year i got a banshee and it was blown up, i just had enough money to fix all the prievous owners mistakes, and get it rebuilt, and do a little bit of painting on the frame. I do not have the money to port my cylinders this year and i really want to ride! Ive been looking around on the site amd narrowed it down to eithet kevin herr or jeff at F.A.S.T to do my porting next winter. Im split on what to decide! I ride some trails, i drag race sometimes for fun, and i run roads. Im wide open maby 68% of the time. I dont know what port job would be best? The trail mx port? The dune play port? Please guys help me out here!

Whos better? Kevin herr, or jeff?

Both have unique styles (along with countless other top notch porters who sponsor this website). You will always get positive feedback from anyone who replies, but your best bet is to call and talk to each sponsor who you're interested in. Who ever you "click" with, or just feel is the better one is who you should go with. They are ALL honest and straight up with you. While they might not be the cheapest, they are more than worth the money. All have a high reputation for customer service and technical help. Your best bet is to contact a few and go with who ever you feel most comfortable with. But none will steer you wrong!

I sent my cylinders out to Kevin to get a dune port and a 4 mil set up. The turn around time was fantastic. Should have the quad up and running in a few days so ill give a review soon. Kev is a good guy. He answered all of my questions. I'm sure any of the builders on this forum are good. I read good reviews about kevins work so he has my vote

I've talked personally with several of the site sponsors that offer porting and they are all great. awsome customer service and they take the time to answer some questions for me. Now that being said Kevin at HJR seemed the one that stood out for me so once I stop staring at jared's (BigRed350x) drag bike and cheetah and actually get something done with my build Kevin will be the guy that i will go with Just down to earth and quality work.