Klotz oil question?

volvo63'

I got some klotz super techniplate upon recommendation for my banshee. Apparently when we put the bike back together we still didn't have the jetting up high enough, so on the third break in run it started detonating again. As I was taking the carb back apart, i noticed that the gas in it had no red tint in it what so ever, and there was no oil residue in the carb. Since we mixed 20:1 for break in, this had me all confused. Does the oil just not leave residue or tint gas, or is it not mixing with my gas?

I got some klotz super techniplate upon recommendation for my banshee. Apparently when we put the bike back together we still didn't have the jetting up high enough, so on the third break in run it started detonating again. As I was taking the carb back apart, i noticed that the gas in it had no red tint in it what so ever, and there was no oil residue in the carb. Since we mixed 20:1 for break in, this had me all confused. Does the oil just not leave residue or tint gas, or is it not mixing with my gas?

did you remember to put it in? and or shake the piss out of it? before pouring it in to the tank?

all pump and race fuels have different colors too them, with that being said when you mix klotz with fuel pending on how clear the fuel is will you see a red tint, it is usually a light shade when mixed at 32:1

not being a prick, but you did put oil in correct? Usually the only time its really noticable is in a clear fuel jug.

If u cleaned them really good with carb cleaner, take water and mist it in the bowl of the carbs, if it just runs u had no oil. If it beads off there was oil but you had an airleak or ur not jetted properly, domes too small for ur octane, timing advanced too far, etc.

No reason to mix Klotz @ 20:1 (even for break in). When breaking your motor in, you really don't need any more oil in the tank than you normally would (unless you're running 50:1 or more, then I understand). I think your detonation issue is because of a lean condition. First do a leakdown test to ensure you're still working with a solid motor. Then go a little easier on the oil. You're detonation could be result of a lean condition because there is a LOT of oil displacing the fuel. Therefore you are not getting the required fuel into the cylinder. Klotz burns fairly clean, so there shouldn't be an obnoxious amount of smoke if jetted correctly.

No reason to mix Klotz @ 20:1 (even for break in). When breaking your motor in, you really don't need any more oil in the tank than you normally would (unless you're running 50:1 or more, then I understand). I think your detonation issue is because of a lean condition. First do a leakdown test to ensure you're still working with a solid motor. Then go a little easier on the oil. You're detonation could be result of a lean condition because there is a LOT of oil displacing the fuel. Therefore you are not getting the required fuel into the cylinder. Klotz burns fairly clean, so there shouldn't be an obnoxious amount of smoke if jetted correctly.

perfectly explained!

When i mix my supertechniplate up with gas you can barely tell that it has been mixed, there's basically no tint.

And im 5, 1 quart bottles in with no problems

mine is the same way. unless you got a cup of it you really cant tell its mixed.

Quite a few years now I've been mixing it 5gallons at a time 40:1 w/avgas. That stuff is blue and the Klotz usually turns it purple. Been so long since I've mixed it with pump gas I forget what it looked like. It always mixes well though and I can't remember much of a residue.