Carb confusion?

Just got her about a month ago. First thing I did was clean both carbs out as they were gummed from sitting from the previous owner. Now, to get her to start, you have to tip her up on the grab bar until fuel drips, then itll start right up and run. but once you shut it down for about five min, you have to repeat or you can kick until you are blue in the face. The floats are not stuck and the carbs are clean..

Any true help would be appreciated.

Its quite frustrating, banghead thanks guys!

Have you tried the choke? What is your compression?

yeah the choke almost fouls plugs no matter wat kind of finess you give it.

and its fine. once she starts, she runs like a raped ape? its driving me nuts.. :shootself:

Did you set float level? Remove pilots to clean? There's holes on the sides of them. Float bowls on correct carb? Left bowl has a "BB" on the front. Choke crossover tube on? Slides in correct carb? List all mods and ALL jets/settings in carb. New plugs, fresh fuel? What do plugs look like? What plugs? How is spark? :cheers:

how do you adjust the float level?! you seem quite knowledgable! :clap:

I want to hear how you figured this out??

Really i realized that once the fuel runs out of the overflow tubes, itll start. wow. saying that outloud makes the floats sitting too low sound like the culprit.

If you have to flip it up on the grab bar that sounds like your out if gas. Is your gas on the run or the reserve position? But you say it runs fine after that. Is that all day or just to start it?

I turn it on run and always keep it topped off. It will start back up if you kick it right after she is killed, but wait prob a min or two and back to tippin her on the ass we go. real pain when you take a break with some buddies and theyr ready to take off and here you are wrestling your banshee around while they are teasing lol