banshee frame was sand blasted

BLOODRAGE

the guy who i bought my banshee off of sand blasted the frame to take the original paint off and it also took the serial numbers off the frame.

what is the size of letter/number punch set do i need?

the cops are real pricks up here from what i hear.i really dont want them to take my banshee away to strip it down to nothing.

ive spent too much for somthing like that to happen

i have the papers with the serial numbers so i just need to restamp em in.and is it a good idea to move them to a different location on the frame?

• Like 1

the guy who i bought my banshee off of sand blasted the frame to take the original paint off and it also took the serial numbers off the frame.

what is the size of letter/number punch set do i need?

the cops are real pricks up here from what i hear.i really dont want them to take my banshee away to strip it down to nothing.

ive spent too much for somthing like that to happen

i have the papers with the serial numbers so i just need to restamp em in.and is it a good idea to move them to a different location on the frame?

I've sandblasted numerous frames, never lost the VIN. Are you sure you're not dealing with a stolen bike, trying to re-vin it to a title that you have?

Mine is almost gone, it issuper hard to read now after getting blasted. I think you can have the vin at any place on the frame, but I'm not positive.

Yeah, it's definitely hard to read, but all of mine were still visible... :confused: Maybe some people sand blast the shit out of things...

In CA, you can either use a number plate, or it can be stamped into the frame. Most of the race cars, and sand cars use a lasered VIN plate riveted to the frame in an obscure location. The race cars are re-powder coated almost every season after they pass X-Ray. There's places in pretty much any city that can do it for you. Might be worth looking into... At the very least, it'll keep you from having to re-do it if you ever need to change your powdercoat color again. Just drill out the rivets, and re-install it after powdercoat.

It really depends on the year of the bike. My 96 frame you could barely read it stock. Yamaha must have had a bunch of fucking girls swinging the hammer back then. My 01, the vin is nice and visible, much deeper stamp. If it were me i would try to get a set of stamps as close to stock font as possible and just restamp in the stock location. Moving it somewhere else is just going to invite further questions by the popo. If you make it look clean and in the correct location, they will never know you had to redo it.

• 3 weeks later...