new motor break in and bottom end oil?

miikey37

I just finished putting my banshee motor together looking for tips on break in and what kind of oil do i run in the bottom end?? i've heard a bunch of different things from amsoil to 10w30 motor oil or trans fluid?? Looking for input??

Oil in the gas is what you run in the bottom end. As far as the tranny goes ATF or 10w30 is fine.

For break in on the motor my builder recommended running heat cycles on the motor....fire it up and let it warm ip to full temp without letting it idle....just lightly vary the throttle the whole time. Do this for 3 heat cycles....then take it riding....easy on it at first and varying the throttle....after that heat cycle take it out and rape that bike.

The bottom end and the trans are the same part of the engine. He made himself look dumb.

Im missing how you believe he asked a dumb question? Let's see.....he said he finished putting his motor together.....then he asked what kind of fluid to run in the bottom end. Where do you see him confusing bottom end and transmission. He was asking a legit question about what he should put in his BOTTOM END......cause he's heard many different choices...SUCH AS amsoil or a regular 10w-30 motor oil or auto trans fluid. So im missing how you say HE is dumb?

vegetable oil in the bottom end and olive oil in the trans.

I prefer Extra Virgin in trans. :jesterlaugh:

The bottom end and the trans are the same part of the engine. He made himself look dumb.

Bottom end is the crankshaft area, which is sealed and is seperate from transmission/clutch area. Could be considered same as they are both contained within same shared set of case halves.

Im missing how you believe he asked a dumb question? Let's see.....he said he finished putting his motor together.....then he asked what kind of fluid to run in the bottom end. Where do you see him confusing bottom end and transmission. He was asking a legit question about what he should put in his BOTTOM END......cause he's heard many different choices...SUCH AS amsoil or a regular 10w-30 motor oil or auto trans fluid. So im missing how you say HE is dumb?

I'm talking about the guy that said olive oil and vegetable oil.