Where Does One Find A 30mm hex drive For Steering Bearing Removal?

bansh_88

I am looking to replace my steering shaft bearing and according to my manual, I will need a 30mm hex driver to remove the bearing retainer. I have been searching for such a hex driver, but have thus far been unsuccessful. If I cannot find one, I guess I will have to fabricate one up, but I would first like to see if anyone has a link or knows some website online that sells such a tool. I just cannot find one anywhere so far! Thanks a lot.

I just welded a nut on a 1" bolt and use that with a socket and take them out.

this is what i used, cost $4.63. no welding or using a socket.

IMAG0199.jpg

Super great idea, but where were you able to find all that for under 5 bucks? I have browsed through a few websites already who have m30 hex bolts for sale, and the prices advertised for them was about $20 to $30 a bolt! Thats not even including the nuts yet!

Where did you find those m30 bolts and nuts for that cheap? Thanks!

Edited by bansh_88

what ive always used is very handy and im sure everyone on this site has it. Take your flywheel puller and take the center bolt out of it. now flip it upside down and set it down into the steering stem bearing retainer, now from the bottom thread your bolt back into the puller until it bottoms out then it will turn that retainer right out. No welding, no homemade tool.

Ive had both motion pro and now OTC flywheel puller and they both were the correct size.

Super great idea, but where were you able to find all that for under 5 bucks? I have browsed through a few websites already who have m30 hex bolts for sale, and the prices advertised for them was about $20 to $30 a bolt! Thats not even including the nuts yet!

Where did you find those m30 bolts and nuts for that cheap? Thanks!

I ordered them from Mcmasterr-carr. I ordered the bolt and two nuts at 6 p.m. and they arrived at my door the very next morning at 9:00 a.m. and I paid for standard shipping. I was psyched.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-cap-screws/=g6jb5x

They have everything!