Killpecker Dunes in wyoming hurry up summer!

Overdose

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did some itty bitty dune riding in Glenrock WY last weekend but man can't wait to go to Killpecker this summer!! Anyone else on the forums go there?

Heck yeah man. Are you in wyoming? Hit me up next time you want to go to KP and i'll show you around. Send me a PM and I'll give ya my cell number...

I live in casper but am going to try and make it down there a few times this summer. I love riding down there no big crowds and just a good time. I need to get some work done to my quad before its ready for summer but the wife and I will definately be there. I'll get with ya once it warms up and maybe you can give me some advice for my setup.

Hey Jarod glad to here you are still around. How are things? Hope to get out to KillPecker again this year. Will give you a shout when we head up there.

Doug

Hey man! Definitely hit me up here on HQ or email me at BigRed350x@gmail.com before you head to KP and I'll try and meet up with you guys out there!

- Jared

You should it would be really cool to have a bunch of us from the forums meet up this summer there for a 2 stroke weekend!!!! Hint, Hint lets plan an event!!!

I've been trying to do that for years man. People are scared of a little dirt road and mud to get to the dunes. I actually kinda like it. Least ridden dunes in the country means the dunes are pretty clean and fresh every time us locals go out for a ride...

- Jared

I've been trying to do that for years man. People are scared of a little dirt road and mud to get to the dunes. I actually kinda like it. Least ridden dunes in the country means the dunes are pretty clean and fresh every time us locals go out for a ride...

- Jared

I bet we can make something happen. i have faith. you know im going for sure we just need to pick a weekend and get Tylers backing and i see a pretty cool event going. Heck if we could even get ten people to go that would be awesome. that's more than the total people at the dunes on a given weekend lol.

I bet we can make something happen. i have faith. you know im going for sure we just need to pick a weekend and get Tylers backing and i see a pretty cool event going. Heck if we could even get ten people to go that would be awesome. that's more than the total people at the dunes on a given weekend lol.

I bet we can get some of the utah folks to come up for a weekend ride.

- Jared

• 2 weeks later...

me and the wife have been thinking of hualing the shees up there from KS just wondering how many rideable acres there is and big hills i am used to little sahara

I'd prob consider smthn like this. One at st Anthonys would be pretty cool too. Gettin some locals to show me around would be sweet.

me and the wife have been thinking of hualing the shees up there from KS just wondering how many rideable acres there is and big hills i am used to little sahara

Well, here's a pic I made for comparison. KP compared to little sahara. KP is the 2nd largest ACTIVE sand dunes in north america. The dunes are constantly changing, and you usually ride fresh virgin sand each morning due to the winds at night. Both images are taken from the same elevation.

ce667784.jpg

I'd prob consider smthn like this. One at st Anthonys would be pretty cool too. Gettin some locals to show me around would be sweet.

We usually do a ride at St. Anthony's in late july or aug. I'll let ya know when we head that way. If you're ever down in south-west wyoming it us up and we will come show you around.

- Jared