Lights

Has anyone here used those lights from from walmart called " Platinum Burners " on their banshee? I'm doing a budget build , need to get done by Dunefest and need some lights for night riding . I had a set on my blaster and they worked good . The Blasters stator could only run the 20 watt bulbs . They also have 25 watt bulbs , can the stator on the banshee run those ? What is the stock output of the banshee stator?

The stock bulbs are 35W apiece on either high OR low beam. I am not sure what the tailight draws, but later bike use a 1157 bulb and early bike use a 194 bulb, whish is what is used in a non sealed clearance light. So 5W for the taillight is about right. As long as you don't go over 35W apiece in the headlight and use a reasonable taillight bulb, you will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the stock headlight bulbs are 30w/30w hi/low and the tail light is 5w/21w tail/brake. For last riding season I fitted a set of PIAA H6M bulbs to the stock housings. These run at 35w/35w hi/low but because they are a xenon hybrid bulb they are equivalent to 60w/60w halogen.

A problem the Banshee has even with the stock bulbs is that when you hit the brakes you lose almost half your lighting because the 21w brake filament robs a lot of power. to overcome this I fitted a BAY15D LED hybrid bulb. The low current draw means that when you hit the brakes at night you don't lose any lighting (unless the engine stalls) The only downside is the LED bulb can be difficult to see during the day. I simply swap out the stock bulb during the day any run the LED at night, it only takes a minute.

Another tip for better lighting is to remove the headlight buckets from the housings and remove the grill, then polish the lens with some metal polish. You'll be surprised how much clearer they come up...