banshee right side problem

Jackl

Hi guys new to the forum, new banshee owner bansee has been great last four or five rides, Today long easy stretch couf couf back fire a couple times, rev it up ran ok ten minutes later couf couf died, buddy behind me said no smoke right side figured fouled plug changed plug fired up still coughs out right side puffing sound wont run right, right side really hot is it in the carb no fuel or what tapped the carb thought maybe stuck float no luck. where do i start?. low compression? cracked piston or carb problem ? dont know. Thanks.

i tried swapping wires still same problem set plug on top of head have spark. right side is firing, smoke out that side it coughs puffing sound its hard to explain. right side gets reallly hot really quick and not firing right. pulled choke out to see if it was fuel seems like a fuel problem but I dont really know what a stuck ring or broken piston would do. legt side runs right side cough puff sucking sound checke boots no cracks. what do I do just pull it all down and see what I find?

good call pulled plug, put finger over hole kick over zero compression on that side, so now what hole in piston stuck rings, top end no problem but what about bottom end pieces of crap in there, shoot her with gas and flip her over for clean out, I mean no compressin on that side, wow.

Ok.... I bet you had an airleak that eventually turned into a piston with a hole in it. Id pull the top end and rebuild..... But pay attention to the pistons.... If it looks like it melted then just do the top end..... However if the piston looks like it broke.... Well.... Then its time to tear the cases apart and clean everything. Some will say to just rinse the cases out well but i dont trust this method..... Cause if you do miss a piece it can make its way back up the the top end and do the "cha-cha stop dance" all over your new pistons. Its not hard to split the cases.... Just buy the manual and youl be ok

ok pulled top end apart right side no hole in piston ring failure whatever, ring tips bent over worn right into piston see no pieces missing, will do topend next couple weeks, damn parts aint cheap, what is a bore job on cylinders going to cost me been a long time since ive done work on a two stroke, good thing I have a raptor too. can still ride lol.

piston looked good, cylinder looks good no scratching no scalding no melting, dusted look dull not shiney, leak at air filter or boots dirt in intakes between filter and carb when I took it apart, broken ring. found pieces of ring in exhaust pipe. needs top end done and better air filter set up has uni one piece can you guys recommend filter set up need to keep dirt out, it got in from tear in air filter or aribox leak and when I get this thing back together what is the best break in prodedure for the shee Thanks

Edited by Jackl