Chopping the fenders

So I've finally decided that I want to trim the front fenders on my shee. I know there are different spots from where you can cut the fenders to give a different look. Can anyone post pictures of their bikes? I also need help on actually how to go about cutting them. What tools what I use, etc.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've finally decided that I want to trim the front fenders on my shee. I know there are different spots from where you can cut the fenders to give a different look. Can anyone post pictures of their bikes? I also need help on actually how to go about cutting them. What tools what I use, etc.

I heated up a box cutter with a flame, worked well. see results below. Took me hours to decide on the front design though.

heres mine i did with a wood saw for the ruff cut and a heated knife for finish work. took me 10 mins to cut and finish, 3 days to finally get the guts to cut them.

Photo0431-1024.jpg

i dont get any more mud up on me unless im moving rather fast and have the steering against the lock

use a sharpie to sketch the design . it wipes off easilly with any paint thinner, so you can change or start over as much as you like untill you get it how you want . i use a portable grinder with a cut off wheel . then clean the edges up with a file , and some sand paper. take your time , you cant put it back on ! lol.

My personal opinion has always been that if you don't cut your rears, you need to leave sort of a front fenderette to balance it out. If you cut the rears most of the way off, then cut the fronts all the way off. I use masking tape to lay out the lines so that the tape stays on the part you're keeping. Cut right up to the tape edge with your tool of choice. I use a cut off wheel in an air grinder, then finish with sand paper. If you scroll down to the thread titled, cut my front fenders today, there are some really good pics there. Before you lay a tool to your fenders though, you need to reduce the size of your signature pic.

Oh yeah, I did. Thanks. I'm still a little hesitant because i don't know exactly how I want to cut them and I'm scared I'm going to f**k it up.

I had the same problem... this is what I did. I used black electrical tape to create the design on the fenders, this allows you to see the shape, then easily make small adjustments until you have it right. Then trace the tape with a fine sharpie when you have it, then cut on the line. don't be scared, it will work out, just take your time.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a couple pics of my bikes. mostly race cut but one pic has a pic with a more dune cut with just a trimmed rear fender.. hope this helps.

Winchester509035.jpg

banshee030.jpg

225425_200608309974387_100000756592878_451504_2779242_n.jpg

l_13f82ce485be853e0636dc5cae3e3c2c.jpg

Your bikes are Absolutely Beautiful !!! :headbang: