Tire Recommendations

doug

It's time for new tires! - I have finally worn out the Maxxis Razor 20x11x9's (front/rear), but I find the rears a little big and square for what I like.

I always liked stock dunlop tires for their light feel and ability to throw the bike around and not having to worry as much about catching something, but they didn't have a lot of tread/ability to hook up.

I'm leaning towards a smaller tire size - maybe a holeshot? (my buddy wore his pretty quickly...) (I like the way smaller tires look on the rear & want to be able to pull the front end up a little easier - I know, there are a lot of factors which contribute to this) I've read the R 501 Ohtsu are good, but they don't allow me to drop down in size.

Any thoughts/recommendations/pics for gravel road/trail/pit riding?

Thanks.

http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=174

Stay far away from the Maxxis and ITP tires. They are overpriced and overrated. Go with the Ohtsu. They are great tires. Lightweight, hook hard and are reasonably priced. You don't want an 18" tire. You'll never get it to hook up.

http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=174

Stay far away from the Maxxis and ITP tires. They are overpriced and overrated. Go with the Ohtsu. They are great tires. Lightweight, hook hard and are reasonably priced. You don't want an 18" tire. You'll never get it to hook up.

I got some dunlop KT335 for pretty cheap (71$ CAN, so you should be able to get them at like 60$ US even if dollar is almost on par) and they hook pretty good. Very similar to the othsu. They are the stock raptor 660, z400 tires.

Dunlop-KT335-Radial-Rear-ATV-Tire---20x10R-9-A-26.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm curious, dmcbanshee seems to be able to pull the front end of his bike up really nicely as shown in the youtube video below. (I'm aware there are plenty of modifications done to aid in this), but do the smaller tires not help to stand it up?