2006 dodge ram troubles

BuckeyeShee21

2006 Dodge Ram hemi 4x4 with 60k on it..... so far... out of allignment, multifunction swith fried twice, blower only works on high, ball joints are shot, entire front suspension is fukd, front calipers stick at high speeds and brakes catch fire and warp the rotors, entire truck rattles, the tensioner pulleys are made of fukin plastic which cause the bolt to shear through the pullies and fall off causeing the belt to shear into a million strands and wrap around the fan and alternator and leave you stranded and hopefully you don't overheat...... shoulda bought a ford

That's why there's $10,000 in rebates on Dodges, cant give em away. I have an 08 F-150 and love it, haven't had a single problem with it.

But seriously that does seem like a lot of problems for any truck even a Dodge, sounds like you got a lemon, but its no good for lemonade. Go trade it in for a Ford and be done with it haha :cheers:

That's why there's $10,000 in rebates on Dodges, cant give em away. I have an 08 F-150 and love it, haven't had a single problem with it.

But seriously that does seem like a lot of problems for any truck even a Dodge, sounds like you got a lemon, but its no good for lemonade. Go trade it in for a Ford and be done with it haha :cheers:

A guy hit me at work and they gave me a f-150 rental with the new 5.0 liter in it and I didn't want to give it back. I love the looks of the dodges, but it stops there. The fit and finish and quality is just no comparison. Or the chevys for that matter

I just rolled 78,000 miles on my 08 Dodge... only thing wrong with it was the center section went out at about 62,000 and lifetime powertrain covered that... I did foresee a little bit of this and bought the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty for $2300. $14,000 off a 4 door truck, and they gave my wife and I both $500 for being in the military so we paid just over half price for it.

Man i have wanting to drive one of the new F-150s either the 5.0 or the Ecoboost, from what i hear on the F-150 forum the new engine line is way better than the Triton line ever dreamed of being. I would agree that the new dodges have a good aggressive look to em its a leap back to the early-mid ninety's style that I always liked, they finally dumped the dopey massive headlights. I think one of the best looking trucks right now is the GMC 2500s I have seen a few lifted ones around and they give me a bit of a stiffy haha

• 2 weeks later...

I had an 04 dodge ram Hemi that was starting to get its share of problems. Tranny, Power steering, power locks went out.. Got a new Chevy in 2010, never looked back.

I had an 05 ram hemi with 100,000 on the clock and not a single problem. I could go on and on about fords and chevys and even dodges that I know of that have had problems. You will find some turds in any group of vehicles. That's life

Yea, prob shouldn't have bad mouthed dodges like that. I bought it june and all this happened in the first 8000 miles I owned it. But when you don't have 35 grand to dump on a new truck I guess you have to take a chance on somebody else that gets a new truck every 4 yrs and doesn't do maintaince on them. E.g.r. valve just went bad 2 days ago. Can't complain about the power train on these though. Tons of power and tranny shifts great. Minor stuff. Its like taking ur banshee out and having ur exhaust bracket fall off and saying ur quad isn't reliable.

• 7 months later...