WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS PIECE?

aleyesonme

ok cool..so the ruling is basically i dont need it..thats good to know. now finding these 2 screws is what im worried about. dont see them anywhere. guess ill keep looking. thanks everyone a bunch. cause i had no idea.

that clip is a bearing retaining clip to keep the bearing from walking back and forth on the shaft,it is needed

that clip is a bearing retaining clip to keep the bearing from walking back and forth on the shaft,it is needed

Nut..... It's Is a bearing retainer...... But the bearing that goes there are has its own bearing retainer clip designed into the the bearing itself.... That's what the tab in it does

Nut..... It's Is a bearing retainer...... But the bearing that goes there are has its own bearing retainer clip designed into the the bearing itself.... That's what the tab in it does

oh yeah i forgot about the circle clip on that bearing,lol thanks jerme

which is totally retarded..

i had a guy bring me a case half last summer. most of it was torn apart and the clutch basket was still ont he shafts. they had beat on the cases till that clip snaped in half... WOW

camatv is right. the only way those break is if someone leaves it on the two halves when they "beat" it apart

camatv is right. the only way those break is if someone leaves it on the two halves when they "beat" it apart

Well peeps....I finally got the clutch basket off..and I see where exactly that piece goes.... So I'm lookingd for the screws and noticed that both of the screws heads were missing and the screws were in the the holes....so I'm looking for the heads of the screws and no where to be found...guessing they had to escape somehow even more stumped why both the heads came off....oh well seems to be all good so I'm putting it back together...thanks everyone. I needed that.