Got the new GoPro hero2

MarineNYC

My wife is the shit. Surprised me with a hero2 for xmas. Just intime for the big trip to Glamis. Was looking for one suggestions and pics from some of you guys that have mounted these things up. I know the handlebar mounting sucks so I'm going to attach to my helmet. Don't know if I should mount to the side or the top. Any help ifs appreciated. Ty

ive had my go pro mounted on the top of my helmet for the banshee and on the side of my helmet for my snowmobile...... that being said....on top of the helmet is the only way to go. It get DAMN annoying trying to watch the video footage and there is a big damn helmet in the way....you lose half your vision....plus it makes it alot harder to actually see ahead of you. With it mounted on top you can tilt the camera down JUST a little bit and you suddenly are able to see not only the trail but also the handle bars and your wrists. Also helps correct riding errors as you can see what your throttle control is like during certain trails/dunes. And twist camera up JUST a little bit and you can see the entire trail or whatever your riding down come flyin past.

If i had the ability i would have put the camera on the top of my sled helmet.....problem is they're like motorcycle helmets.....the damn visor they have on them slides up....so i wouldn't be able to use the visor at all. and anyone who has ever ridden sleds knows you need to be able to gain access to the inside of your shield!

I also prefer the side view, takes a bit of juggling to get it right though.

Don't forget to put on a safety leash from the camera to the helmet in case the mount fails. Don't ask how I know...

I tried mounting mine to the side with that same mount with the two pivot points but I can't get the camera out away from the helmet far enough. If I raise the mounts higher up on the helmet, it still hits my helmet plus it sits behind my roll off cans. If the little arms on my side mount were a little longer it would work for me. I didn't know if there was some trick I was missing or what...

Just picked one up last night, and a memory card today. Gotta figure out the mounting too. Played a little, takes good pictures.

Got the lcd backpack on order, Cabelas was out.

How durable are these? They take a crash good? And what about tethering, I see the suggestion above...but how?

Edited by Banshee Chad