how to fix hard throttle?

medley

Easy springs from FAST. $5 each. http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=119

Contrary to popular belief, cutting a coil spring actually makes it stiffer. You only end up with slightly less tension because of less preload on the spring. Yes, if you are careful, with trial and error cutting, you can make it sorta OK, but the right way is to buy FAST springs.

please explain how cutting a spring makes it stiffer?

Take a coil spring, (any spring) and unwind it, so it's a straight bar. Clamp 1 end in the vice. Grab the end and try to bend it. Now cut the bar in half and try to bend it the same distance. It will be harder to bend. Coil springs work on the same principal. They're just wound up. When you cut coils on a car to lower it, the suspension gets stiffer.

please explain how cutting a spring makes it stiffer?

Coil springs are just coiled torsion springs. As you compress a coil spring, it actually "twists" inside of itself. This is a basic principal of leverage. The shorter the torsion spring, the less material there is to twist, thus creating a stiffer spring.

duh.

stiffer usually means you have changed the spring rate. by cutting a coil out, you have not changed the spring rate or the spring.

also when you are talking about the white trash way of lowering a car, when they cut the coil, the person has not made the spring stiffer. they have just taken length of the spring. this shorter length means there is less travel till the spring is completely compressed and the spring will bottom out soon.

Starwriter and MattSCSS are correct!!!!!!!!! Matt's explanation is almost word for word what I was taught in suspension class in mechanic's school. And I would think as a suspension tech, Matt would know what he is talking about. The bottom line is when a torsion bar is comparatively shortened or made bigger in diameter it becomes stiffer and a coil spring is just a torsion bar wrapped into a cylindrical shape.

I've heard guys cutting the carb springs. Make sure the springs stay the same length.

There is a thread on exactly how to do it, use the search function i'm sure you'll find it. :)

thats all i do is use the the search function when i get on here. my girl bitches cuz everytime i get on here i am researching stuff and i am on here 20x a day. haha. where is the thread?

Easy springs from FAST. $5 each. http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=119

Contrary to popular belief, cutting a coil spring actually makes it stiffer. You only end up with slightly less tension because of less preload on the spring. Yes, if you are careful, with trial and error cutting, you can make it sorta OK, but the right way is to buy FAST springs.

i am probably just going to buy these.