need help on how to stop wheelies from happening on thge pa coal hiulls

lms1977

so I have the problem of to much traction on the pa coal hills I started with a +4 swingarm and it was nuts so went with a +6 one and heavier spring for shock, and it still wheelies like a bitch???

seems as soon as I really get into 3rd gear on a big hill she wants to wheelie uncontrolably then when you let off to recover you have to shift into 2nd then loose too much speed.

its a 10 mil serval and seems to run awesome, I run paddles there probably 1/2 to 2/3 tread areospeeds 20in 8 paddle some of the other guys are running dominator tires and dont seem to be wheelieing as bad as me??

I have a few thoughts I figured I would ask to get a few opinions on what I might need to do.

I moved my foot pegs back 2 inchs this might be throwing my balance point off.

I'm running stock gearing I have a 13 and 15 tooth I want to try next time

I could do a +8 swingarm but would like to keep it short for trail riding

those are the things I want to try any other suggestions would be helpful

thanks

almost like your trying to turn a hillshooter into a trail quad and back again.......its kinda hard to do. There aren't a whole lot of guys that will ride a 10mil with a +4 swinger.......most will run a +8 or more. Are you running paddles? if you are then maybe look into some with less blades on them. or sit closer to the bars and lean. or some weight on the front.

what do the people you climb with, run ?

4mil cheethas 485cc with +6 swinger with dominator tires 2.5 in high paddle they really hook up

4mil trex +8 also domintor paddles

4mil cub +6 paddle masters

4mil cub +4 he seems to wheelie alot but just clutches it alot which I try to avoid cyclone paddles the offset v style

when I rn the 20 inch sand stars I did not wheelie much but it spun alot with the +4 on it then I put better tires and +6 and now it wheelies to much banghead

ah ok, have you tried adding more air to the tyres ? to help spin ? if they are hooking too much ?

what kinda pressures do you run on coal ?

yea with higher pressure they spin at the botton of the climb its a little hader packed, so you cant even get up to the softer stuff.

let just a little air out then when I hit the softer stuff it wants to flip in a wheelie??

et

I dont use a gauge to check, but the one guy said he had 4psi and mine are way softer than that I get a few videos up so you can see what I'm doing

i'm not sure what all pipes you can rum on the 10mill serval, but perhaps you should move to a more low-mid, or broad pipe choice. ridding trails and having a control issue, i would say that's just what you need, more torque back-up and control. it should pop up on it's own less, and allow you to get out, and back in it without loosing too much power. i would start with moving the pegs back up, though....

4mil cheethas 485cc with +6 swinger with dominator tires 2.5 in high paddle they really hook up

4mil trex +8 also domintor paddles

4mil cub +6 paddle masters

4mil cub +4 he seems to wheelie alot but just clutches it alot which I try to avoid cyclone paddles the offset v style

when I rn the 20 inch sand stars I did not wheelie much but it spun alot with the +4 on it then I put better tires and +6 and now it wheelies to much banghead

you kinda answered your own problem here......you need a bigger swinger. Your buddies are all running +4swingers OR bigger. Yet your trying to make it up the hill on a +4 or +6 swinger with a 10mil......your crazy. Dont get me wrong....i love power and i love having being able to crack the throttle and go......BUT....there is a point where to much power is a bad thing.

Your not at too much power.......just too much power for your chassis setup. If you spend some more on a chassis setup i bet you could come up with one hell of a monster. I know it sucks....but maybe sell that +6 swinger and buy either a 8 or 10inch swinger........then if you wanna trail.....swap with your +4 swinger. Half the fun IS wrenching on these machines.