421 Serval setup!

figjam

I've got a 4mil serval running 35pwks and R2pipes with stock tranny and fasts clutch with heavy springs and it does great. Shifts perfect. I use it as mainly a trail bike but took it to Phil's drag race a couple weekends ago and it did great. I only had 8 paddle haulers in real bad shape like missing paddles and I ran a 4.6 I believe. So no need for a lockup or over-ride. They could help a little but not nessicary.

How big of a swinger?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had it timed we just dune race. As far as numbers it was about 90hp on race gas and I don't have a clue what it is on alky but it runs good.

i havnt had a chance to race my alky serval but its a trail bike from hell i am prolly not gona have a chance to race iit its about to grow up and become a drag ported cub.

here is just a few thoughts.

with a lockup even if you pull in the clutch i bet its not releasing it may feel like it a tad but its probably not. your probably just stretching the cable and twisting the top tab ont he release lever down on the case.... a non locked clutch with HD springs and good plates dosent have this issue.. you pull in the clutch at high rpm and it releases just like it should.. unless yoru drag racing you probably dont need a lockup..

the trans i do works ok with a locker but again it needs to be unloaded to shift right. the HD clutch with all 8 hd springs should hold around 90+hp easily. in the past with around 75-90 hp with a lockup and not as much weight on the fingers my trans will shift with a blip of the throttle.. OR a blip of the clutch..

i dont know how others do their trans mods like this so i cannot comment on some that have issues with theirs..

that 10 serval sounds pretty good in the video!

i have played with the 3 stiff and 3 stock springs i felt it always sucked ass. the clutch felt weird and when it got a lil heat in it it would slip on initial launch. so i threw all the OEM stock springs i had in the trash. ALL hd springs ( toomey, barnett, driveline raptor etc) OR 3 15% + and 3 HD springs if your pimp hand is a lil on the puss side.

So you let 3 out of 60 extreme dunable that didn't work out of the hundreds greg has cut/nodded scare you away? Lmao we should also stop running wiseco pistons since a few has failed in the past... greg does top notch work

I SECOND THAT PHELPS :cheers: I'm running a WCR 1-6 pro mod and have had no problems what so ever!!!!!

here is just a few thoughts.

with a lockup even if you pull in the clutch i bet its not releasing it may feel like it a tad but its probably not. your probably just stretching the cable and twisting the top tab ont he release lever down on the case.... a non locked clutch with HD springs and good plates dosent have this issue.. you pull in the clutch at high rpm and it releases just like it should.. unless yoru drag racing you probably dont need a lockup..

the trans i do works ok with a locker but again it needs to be unloaded to shift right. the HD clutch with all 8 hd springs should hold around 90+hp easily. in the past with around 75-90 hp with a lockup and not as much weight on the fingers my trans will shift with a blip of the throttle.. OR a blip of the clutch..

i dont know how others do their trans mods like this so i cannot comment on some that have issues with theirs..

that 10 serval sounds pretty good in the video!

i have played with the 3 stiff and 3 stock springs i felt it always sucked ass. the clutch felt weird and when it got a lil heat in it it would slip on initial launch. so i threw all the OEM stock springs i had in the trash. ALL hd springs ( toomey, barnett, driveline raptor etc) OR 3 15% + and 3 HD springs if your pimp hand is a lil on the puss side.

Those are some very good thoughts Cam,thats why i love my 8 plate Hinson with heavy springs,I have no issues with it slipping,i ran the same clutch on the 472 super cub on pump gas,so about 90hp and still no slipping issues there either :cheers:

I will have to play with the springs, I don't think it is hard to pull in now at all. I deffinatly want to get a billet basket!!

Cam do you fell that straight cuts are worth the money? I'm in debate over this I have no problem spending the money if it will make parts last longer.