Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer & Tachometer Compute

figaro

has any one tried the Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer & Tachometer Compute??

i want o buy one

http://www.discountatvparts.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=atv&Product_Code=PU2212-0235&Category_Code=

Speed, temp, distance, tach and clock

Speedometer functions: current, average, maximum; selectable MPH/KPH

Temperature functions: ambient temp, engine temp with LED alerts, dual programmable temp lights, exact model fit temp sensors; selectable F/C scale

Distance functions: adjustable distance, permanent odometer; selectable mile/kilometer

Tachometer functions: real-time rpm bar graph, numeric rpm readout, dual programmable shift lights; up to 20,000 rpm

Clock functions: hour meter, stop watch, ride time; selectable 12/24 hour display

Waterproof design with high-intensity LCD white backlight display

Includes universal power connector for all machines and accepts AC and DC power

Includes motorcycle model specific mounting kit, everything you need to mount directly to your bike

In my opinion, dont waste your money. I have one on one of my banshees and its not that great. It is neat having the odometer, but i usually ride with my gps anyway, so dont need it. The speedometer, who cares really. and the tach doesnt work for shit. I tried every option to hook it up and it still works very erradically even with resistor plugs. I think the banshee electrical system is just too noisy. Not to mention who really can look at the damn thing when riding anyway the readout is too small and cluttered to really be of any use while hauling ass on anything but smooth ground. In my opinion the only real valuable tool is the water temp. But there are some way better options. Look up the thread by thebansh358 on his injected banshee. He posted pics of a water temp guage he just got and it looks cool. I think im going to check into it.

I have one and I would have to agree with Rubber. Honestly I wish I just got a temp sensor but the milage stuff is cool to see how far you went and mpg. The tach is not accurate but who is looking at that anyway when they ride. If you like the gauge trail tech makes a few different models or buy a nice inline gauge.

Thanks guys I won't I was so close to buying it last night but I won't now;) All I want is a digital water temperature gauge . Where can I find one ?

Trail tech makes a digital temp gauge, think around $45. Has several different sensor options.

http://trailtech.net/tto.html

thank you i found that but which one should i buy ?

the one in the in water pipe (will this one slow down the flow of the water?)

the one in the radiator cap? or

the one on the spark plug ?

The water pipe would be easy install but greater chance of leaks, spark plug would be easy also but I see sensor getting damaged easy over time by plug replacement. I would use screw in sensor, could be installed into head by drilling n tapping hole then applying dealer to threads. Especially since u are starting w/all new parts. But that's what I would do.

I tried a Vapor on my 89 with resistor plugs and even Trail Tech could not get it to work, I took it to them twice. But they gave me a Vector model( I kept the Vapor) and it works awesome, it is the same thing as a Vapor but does not have the tach function. It has all the speedo/odometer, temp., and clock functions. So, I know what the ambient and coolant temps are, how far I have rode and how many hours I am putting on it.

• 2 weeks later...