full override vs duneable ?

bennieben1

if you are only going to drag race your bike whats the difference between the two ??? is the full override more reliable? does it last longer than the duneable? does it have less parts? any advice is helpful. thanks

If you are just drag racing go with a standard OR tranny.With the Duneable you have springs help keeping the gears in there perspective location. If a gear fails it can let another gear fall into gear which is very destructive on your whole tranny. I cut a lot of both no more problems with either one or the other. But for just drag racing you will not have a problem with a standard OR tranny. For money spent to bike lengths picked up I feel there is no mod even I'm comparison. Cam

normal override uses only rotation to move the gears up. what i call a "spring assisted" uses springs to help move them around. the spring assist i "feel" is better if your going to be shiftin it up and down in the trails..

both eat forks if you backload them hard..

i have had my std overrides last longer than the duneable i had. BUT the duneable was cut by wcr. the std trans was built by a shop that is no longer around ;( whay can you NOT drag race an override where the hell did this bullshit come from? id say if you have an normal override and you drag race and it works dont buy a dunebale just to be able to say oh its a duneable beech.

normal override uses only rotation to move the gears up. what i call a "spring assisted" uses springs to help move them around. the spring assist i "feel" is better if your going to be shiftin it up and down in the trails..

both eat forks if you backload them hard..

i have had my std overrides last longer than the duneable i had. BUT the duneable was cut by wcr. the std trans was built by a shop that is no longer around ;( whay can you NOT drag race an override where the hell did this bullshit come from? id say if you have an normal override and you drag race and it works dont buy a dunebale just to be able to say oh its a duneable beech.

good info. i have a standard override and was debating if i wanted to have it converted to a duneable or not.. leaning more towards leaving it as is.

oh boy more internet bullshit..

coup the overide in the 535 is 5+years old its on its first shift forks too..

the 485's 1-5 tyson i bought used and "fixed it" and installed some new forks it's gotten backed off hardcore in 3rd a few times and totally buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr in 3rd 2 times now it needs forks now.. thats why its out of the frame..

maybe someone with more override experience in building them can chime in? i'm new to them and havent worked one out that i am totally happy with its one of my life goals for this winter haha

oh boy more internet bullshit..

coup the overide in the 535 is 5+years old its on its first shift forks too..

the 485's 1-5 tyson i bought used and "fixed it" and installed some new forks it's gotten backed off hardcore in 3rd a few times and totally buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr in 3rd 2 times now it needs forks now.. thats why its out of the frame..

maybe someone with more override experience in building them can chime in? i'm new to them and havent worked one out that i am totally happy with its one of my life goals for this winter haha

Dunable is kind of a deceiving term ,Cam nailed it spring assist with less back cut. Standard OR trannies are very reliable ,but not as motocross bikes. Dunables are a LITTLE more forgiving on backloads. With all the trannies yearly shift fork inspection is needed for best shifting. These are all racing mods 10 people may never had a problem the 11th one will grenade one. Everyone has a differnt riding style and they all think they are flawless riders. It comes down to this if you have a 14" arm and alky you prob dont need a dunable tranny. If you like jumping keep your stock tranny. Or better yet TALK TO YOUR BUILDER, they can help you ALOT if they are truthfull and experienced.

I've been running 2-4 duneables from Redline since 2006. I have never had an issue with them. I shift them up and down with or without the clutch. I've stomped them into first sitting on the hills and I really don't baby it at all. If you've ever seen my videos, you know I'm hard on my shit. If I can't tear it up, chances are you can't either.