Need some help pls!

obny

Ok here we go. Was riding in snow last year and banshee stalled out. Really deep snow for a long time, I thought I felt clutch slipping right before it stalled. It starts and runs fine but only with clutch pulled in. If u put trans in neutral and let out clutch it immediately stalls. It doesn't roll in neutral unless the clutch is pulled in. If u push quad hard enough it will roll but it bucks. Seems to shift fine. I can shift down into first, and up into second. If i roll it a bit it will go into 3rd and 4th etc. I adjusted clutch cable, clutch actuator ( arrow lines up perfect to one on case) and adjusted screw on pressure plate. I did notice that when adjusted u can pull screw on pressure plate in and out a little bit, not sure if that's normal? I checked shift mechanism and found the pegs of the shift star not exactly equal, less than a millimeter off. Could that have anything to do with problem? If u take clutch out, trans in neutral it rolls fine no binding. Also noticed on clutch pushrod heavy heat discoloration about 1 1/2 inch from clutch actuator side. It's that cool blu color that titanium gets when its hot :) lol any ideas where to go next?...

I pretty sure I'm gonna have to split case to see what's going on with whatever made that one section so hot it discolored pushrod

Really no ideas...

Make sure pressure plate arrows line up with arrow on clutch basket. I can move my adjuster bolt as well, but I can't move it when I pull the clutch lever in. Whats the gap between your pressure plat, and your clutch pack when you pull in the clutch lever? Should be a even 3/16 . The other thing to check would be your shift forks. Also, maybe the shift shaft spring has gone bad

Edited by acroadam