trinity pv motor vs stock cyl 4mill

a friend of mine just bought himself a full trinity setup, he knows nothing about the motor just that its suppose to have 115 horse. hes got a PV top end lockout clutch with stock trans, trinity pipes, carbs (doesnt know the size). vforce 3s, pods.

hes got a +4 swinger, weighs about 65lbs more then me, everything came in a box from trinity so tuning is done by them.

i got a stock cyl 4mill ported by hjr

i got 180psi compression 19mm domes

vforce 3s

+5mm timing

34mm pjs w pods

toomey T5s

pretty well tuned runs like a champ.

the biggest factor is I have a +8 swingarm I don't think ill win the race but I'd like to be close. with a +8 swinger I can still wheely on the launch, I think with a +4 and that much power he is going to have a tough time getting going.

what do you guys think how far ahead of me is he going to be?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what size is the pv motor? what type of port job do you have from hjr? i think this one sounds like its gonna come down to who can get out of the hole better. if you say he has a +4 swinger, tell him good luck. if both motors were in an ideal chassis, i would say the pv will take ya all day, but in this case, sounds like you might have it. just race and let us know.

Any bike with a plug 8 swingarm that will wheelie thru 2nd or 3rd gear will not have a problem with any motor with a +4 regardless of motor. Tell him his motor will probably be about 80hp, you said stock transmission. If its 115hp it wont shift with a stocker. Trinity built a guys 78hp raptor and told him it would be 130hp. LOL

Any bike with a plug 8 swingarm that will wheelie thru 2nd or 3rd gear will not have a problem with any motor with a +4 regardless of motor. Tell him his motor will probably be about 80hp, you said stock transmission. If its 115hp it wont shift with a stocker. Trinity built a guys 78hp raptor and told him it would be 130hp. LOL

such a shame isn't it? i wish trinity would let the cheetah rights go and let someone who knows what to do with it sell them. :confused:

rider ability advantage would go to me, but not by a lot. my port job is an aggressive trail port, but i wanted more then that so I would say its like a mid-range dune port kind of deal. it pulls super hard.

the stock trans deal kinda threw me off as well. we wont be able to line up until like may, its about to get really rainy and cold here.

such a shame isn't it? i wish trinity would let the cheetah rights go and let someone who knows what to do with it sell them. :confused:

I agree & not from personal experience dealing with Trinity. I have read lot of good things about the cheetah PV cylinders but alot of people dont won't to go through Trinity to get them because of the customer service. Another thing is that Trinity dont sell the proper set-up, far as base gasket thickness & domes for each individual application. I dont won't to take a chance with a company that has a repitation like that. I will love to own a properly built 421 PV cheetah one day tho. :headbang:

O I can see this thread is heading in the wrong direction really fast :jesterlaugh:

with a stock uncut un modified trans after the 2nd pas the trans will be hot and it wont shift for shit.

the PV motor if its even close will make so much low end on a 4 over it will probably be hard to launch right.

looks like i may be building a complete bike for a guy over then next few months will be a 421 - 485 cheeta pv 4 mill and have +4 arm, +3 +1 Long travel a-arms and full axis shocks. should be a fun bike.

with a stock uncut un modified trans after the 2nd pas the trans will be hot and it wont shift for shit.

the PV motor if its even close will make so much low end on a 4 over it will probably be hard to launch right.

looks like i may be building a complete bike for a guy over then next few months will be a 421 - 485 cheeta pv 4 mill and have +4 arm, +3 +1 Long travel a-arms and full axis shocks. should be a fun bike.

Cam, please...I say this with respect because I KNOW you have a very powerfull good running Cheetah motor. But Trinity told me my P.V. motor was going to make 115 too. It made 68. :shrugani: So did NICKISGOD's. Same 68HP, so it's not just me.

Please stop telling people that are talking about a Trinity package, that they are good motors. They will NOT be strong either in the low end or the high end. My original Trinity P.V. 400 was getting beat by my best friends 350 with FMF's, a 2 into 1 carb and FMF's.

You know there dome design is disfuntional. Yes YOU have a good set-up....but it's TOTALY CUSTOM and nothing like the way they ship. Plus your on alky. A 421 serval motor kit from any seller will make better low and high power than a "Trinity" kit. I'm sure other builders can set the cheetah up well. But for the money.....you can't get the 80HP and 50 ft.lbs of torque on gas that you can with the serval.

I'll bet it all that the Trinity motor looses even if they swap swingarms. I'd rather have a HJR 4 mill over a Trinity motor.

Note the 400 in my screne name. Been there, done that. Learned my lesson. banghead

There.....I kept it short. ;)

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

Cam, please...I say this with respect because I KNOW you have a very powerfull good running Cheetah motor. But Trinity told me my P.V. motor was going to make 115 too. It made 68. :shrugani: So did NICKISGOD's. Same 68HP, so it's not just me.

Please stop telling people that are talking about a Trinity package, that they are good motors. They will NOT be strong either in the low end or the high end. My original Trinity P.V. 400 was getting beat by my best friends 350 with FMF's, a 2 into 1 carb and FMF's.

You know there dome design is disfuntional. Yes YOU have a good set-up....but it's TOTALY CUSTOM and nothing like the way they ship. Plus your on alky. A 421 serval motor kit from any seller will make better low and high power than a "Trinity" kit. I'm sure other builders can set the cheetah up well. But for the money.....you can't get the 80HP and 50 ft.lbs of torque on gas that you can with the serval.

I'll bet it all that the Trinity motor looses even if they swap swingarms. I'd rather have a HJR 4 mill over a Trinity motor.

Note the 400 in my screne name. Been there, done that. Learned my lesson. banghead

There.....I kept it short. ;)

i see you rant a lot on here about trinity and their "kit" that you had a bad experience with. and, i totally empathise with you. but nobody on here is saying that a trinity "kit" will be a great motor. its the CHEETAH that is a good motor. i have a 400 and i can promise you its making more than 68HP. was it fucked up from trinity, of course, but if you fix all the problems, the cheetah can be a great and fun to ride motor. i dont think i have once seen someone recommend the cheetah with any emphasis on getting the trinity "kit". i have never seen anyone say the "Trinity package" is a good motor. we all know that it is not. like i said in the other thread, its a shame that trinity has the rights to the cheetah. that is what has given the cheetah such a bad name. if it were in the hands of someone that knew what to do with it, they would be lethal.

as for the serval, good motor, sure. i have riden a couple and they were fun. but if i can build a cheetah that has more bottom end but at the same time has more top end than a cub, where is the downside? other than having to deal with trinity in any way, shape or form of course.

i see you rant a lot on here about trinity and their "kit" that you had a bad experience with. and, i totally empathise with you. but nobody on here is saying that a trinity "kit" will be a great motor. its the CHEETAH that is a good motor. i have a 400 and i can promise you its making more than 68HP. was it fucked up from trinity, of course, but if you fix all the problems, the cheetah can be a great and fun to ride motor. i dont think i have once seen someone recommend the cheetah with any emphasis on getting the trinity "kit". i have never seen anyone say the "Trinity package" is a good motor. we all know that it is not. like i said in the other thread, its a shame that trinity has the rights to the cheetah. that is what has given the cheetah such a bad name. if it were in the hands of someone that knew what to do with it, they would be lethal.

as for the serval, good motor, sure. i have riden a couple and they were fun. but if i can build a cheetah that has more bottom end but at the same time has more top end than a cub, where is the downside? other than having to deal with trinity in any way, shape or form of course.

Not to get off topic, so your saying a 400 cub vs 400 PV cheetah with the same set-up. The 400PV Cheetah will win in a drag race? Of course equal rider skills.

HAHAHAHAHA like I said this thread is going in the wrong direction. Looks like Trinity is going to need to have another thread removed here sooon.