clutch problems

hey guys i have a 01 t6 pipes clean up port reeds and lid of airbox have had the bike for 2 years now and finlaly clutch started slipping mostly when u really was on it or when it got hot

the guy i bought it from said it had all barnet clutch stuff in it so took it all apart ordered a tusk kit with heavy springs

old clutch plates really didnt look that bad put the new ones in and on the handle bar put the little ajuster all the way in

road it seemd to pull good everything then here and there now u can feel it slip so i ajusted it out and it gets worse sometimes it dont do this but then sometimes u can feel it just alittle bit im stumped

on what to do it has a hinson basket and basket look good

any ideas on what to do?

Using the right kinda oil?

i was thinking new cable to but its farily new and ya i am using oil just for wet clutchs thing that my buddy said is maybe adjust it all the way in but when i do that for some reason the bike dont seem to pull very hard but the clutch dont slip and my clutch handle feels like nothings really there...

any ideas on why its like that shouldnt be like that for a new clutch

so you didnt change the fibers?

scratch that i just re-read your post and saw you got a tusk kit....

Is the actuator arm adjusted properly?

The adjuster on your clutch perch is only really there to control the slack you want on the lever. Not overly to adjust the clutch if its slipping.....

Make sure the actuator arm is lining up to the case arrows.

Make sure you installed your pressure plate properly too, the pressure plate has arrows on it which need to line up with the indents / arrows on the inner hub.

did you soak them before assembly?

ooo got ya no i have not adjusted the arm kinda new at the clutch seen first time doing it had a buddy help me that races how do u adjust the arm? and yes i soaked them and presure plate is good

to adjust the actuator arm...

theres an arrow on it and theres an arrow on your cases. both points have to match

with your hand you should be able to push the arm and line those up before you get stiff tension (you wont be able to push by hand past that "stiff" point)

take the clutch cover off. In the middle of the pressure plate you wil see theres a screw in there that you need a philips screw driver to adjust. (theres also a nut.

Im assuming you have the stock set up.

Just screw in or out that rod until you have the points matching on the arm. (its a lot easier with 2 people) one guy doing the adjustments the other holding the arm at its "stiff" point telling you which way and when to stop.

allright thanks for the help ill try and look tommow now what if my arm is lined up? and i think its the stock i know its a hindson basket and pretty sure presure plate to with tusk kit and heavy springs

is there play in the handle lever?

you want a little play.

also make sure your basket isn't grooved.

and get a better clutch, i had issue with my tusk slipping with HD springs.

basket looked awsome and for play do u mean up and down or when u pull it

like if u adjust the lever all the way in u have to pull the clutch alittle ways before u can feel testion on it then dont slip but seems like bike dont pull as much as if u screw the lever out some but then it slips in 5 and 6

guess its not so mch slipping but it will for a pit then it catchs and goes kinda werid